Things that make you go hmmmm..

ILOVEUSA911

Registered Member
Ok, now you'll meet the wierd side of my brain. Things that make me go hmmm.

One of them is: have you ever wonder why hemorrhoids are called hemorrhoids and asteroids are called asteroids. I mean think about it, shouldn't it be the other way around?

What are some things that make you go hmmmmm?

:stupid:

Hiei

The Hierophant
One of the big things that makes me go hmmm is why is this thread not in subtalk?

I mean, sure, this might be able to support an actual discussion, but I have the feeling that it'll turn into a spamfest once people start wondering what makes them go "hmmmm."

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
Not really. I think it can remain serious.

Like I often wonder why there is braille on driveup ATM's.

Maybe we can get some serious questions answered.

Kazmarov

For a Free Scotland
Like I often wonder why there is braille on driveup ATM's.
So a blind person in the backseat can access their account without being reliant on others- which would compromise their account information.

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
So a blind person in the backseat can access their account without being reliant on others- which would compromise their account information.
But how often does this really happen? Seriously? Enough that they had to make all drive-up ATM's with braille?

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
Why doesn't superman flinch when bullets are bouncing off his chest, but he ducks when an empty gun is thrown at him?

In fact, why do they throw the guns at him in the first place?

Impact

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Why do they put 'may contain nuts' warnings on packets of peanuts etc.

We know they have freaking nuts in them. Seriously, there can't be people that stupid...Can there?

Turbo

Registered Member
ahh, a thread that the late george carlin would love, and i'll take on from him:

"get on the plane....fuck you i'm getting in the plane"

same works for buses and trains. your not getting on them, you get in them.

ILOVEUSA911

Registered Member
One of the big things that makes me go hmmm is why is this thread not in subtalk?

I mean, sure, this might be able to support an actual discussion, but I have the feeling that it'll turn into a spamfest once people start wondering what makes them go "hmmmm."
Please bear with me, I'm new here and haven't quite figured out where everything belongs. If it's in the wrong section maybe one of the mods can move it. Sorry about that.

These are some great hmmmm ones though.