• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies Things horror films have made scary

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
It occurred to me the other day that there are many normal, day-today objects, places, events etc that should not be scary, but are to me due to horror films.

A couple I can think of are.

Wind-chimes- They freak me out so much now! I know they are supposed to be this nice thing that makes soothing sound in the wind, but I have seen so many horror films where it's some dark eerie night in a country town and wind-chimes can be seen/ heard. Now I'm scared of them. One movie in particular that made me scared of them was Twister

Cornfields- A feild of corn should not be scary, but various films including the alien movie Signs have made me uneasy around them. Think of a dark night, and a tall cornfield, with the wind rustling through it it etc. Ahhh!

Clowns/Clown Masks - This one should be obvious.

So can you think of anything that really shouldn't be scary, but freaks you out due to the role said thing has played in one or more horror films?

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
Good topic crouton, one that really sticks out for me is ventriloquist dolls and dolls in general, I don't remember if my sister had dolls when she was younger, I am assuming she did but I don't remember.

I am with you on clowns but other than that I can't recall being scared by anything else, Antichrist was a bit freaky but many horror films don't really bother me.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Oh I'm so with you on dolls! Dolls have been screwed with in horror films over the years. Always coming alive and killing people. And ventriloquist dolls are by far the worst. I can't even look at them without getting nervous.

Bliss

Sally Twit
Arachnophobia didn't help my fear of spiders one little bit. I don't know why I even watched it.
I don't have a basement but if I did I'd probably be scared of going down there because of what happens to people in horror films.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Yeah that's true Bliss. I don't have a basement or an attic, but if I did I'd probably be scared of them haha. Nothing good ever happens in those places.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Sex.

If Jason has taught me anything, it's that if you're gonna fuck, you're gonna die.

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
Yeah I agree with clowns, they are a big one.

Personally, movies made me scared of ghosts at one point. Pretty sure I was never really afraid of spooky spirits until I watched The Others. And now I'm back to not caring. I don't think it's a universal thing to be scared of the paranormal purely based on a few movies though so that probably doesn't count.

Also, I know a ton of people who wouldn't go near the bath after watching this one film that I can't remember the name of... I think it has the word 'blue' or 'deep' in the title...

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
I didn't need clowns to tell me they're scary. haha I never watch scary movies in general.

Clowns don't scare me, but they do make me uncomfortable. The Joker being the exception.

Bliss

Sally Twit
Camping is another one! Sleepaway Camp, Friday the 13th and The Burning are prime examples of why you shouldn't go camping!