• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Thief

Konshentz

Konshentz

PS4 - Thief Trailer (Gamescom 2013)

Thief - PS4 Gameplay

In 10 days the next major release for the PS4 (and the other, less important systems) arrives. It's a reboot of the Thief series and the fourth game in that series to be released.

I've never played the original games, as I'm not a PC gamer. However, I've been keeping a close eye on this game once it was announced for consoles. I like the setting, I like the stealth gameplay and from what I've seen, I'm pretty sure I'll like the story. It's one of a handful of games that I'm really looking forward on the new console.

Is this something you'll be buying?

Iris

rainbow 11!
It looks good. If it goes on sale on steam, probably. Or if I get a PS4. which is really tempting. but... I.... ugh. I need to be responsible.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
Oh I read about this title on IGN the other day. I didn't really give it a second thought because a) I'm not familiar with PC games and b) I'm getting a little tired of first person narratives. It's not necessarily a bad thing, but I prefer a little variety from time to time. So yeah, not sure about this one. I'll have to play the demo first before I make up my mind.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I've beat 25 games in the past 14 months and only 6 of them were in the first person. So, yeah, I don't really mind. Haha.

I also get a Dishonored vibe and I'm okay with that, as I'd probably rank that game in my top 5 of 2012.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
Well, I was just referring to my own experiences with FP games in the last few months (this includes pretty much all consoles and PC) - Amnesia, Battlefield 4, Bioshock, Borderlands, L4D2, Outlast - all good games, but as you can see the concept gets pretty tired after a while. And it kinda seems like, a lot of the newer releases are first persons. Like I said, it's not necessarily a bad thing, but I can only play so many to a point before I need a break in between.

Also, my powers out and my laptop is nearly dead, so with my last ounce of battery I say - Kay, get a PS4, you hag!! (I only said this here because I'm pretty sure I don't have enough battery life to make it to RTT. Haha.)

Konshentz

Konshentz
Twenty minutes in and I have some thoughts.

The game looks great. The controls are smooth, although it took me a while to get used to them. The story is just getting going, but it has potential.

One thing that struck me as odd... the gameplay actually looks better than the cutscenes do. Which is definitely a first for me. I don't know if it's the style they're done in or not, but yeah, I wasn't expecting that. Haha.

Iris

rainbow 11!
Really? I've only heard bad stuff about the game. I'm glad you're enjoying it so far.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Reviews are all over the place, but I think Game Informer got it right with their 8/10. Will this make my top 10? Highly unlikely, but it's still a good game and worth a purchase.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
I've read a few of the reviews and most of them seem to trash this game left and right. Actually one reviewer said something that made me lol...

As his title would imply, main character Garrett steals pretty much anything that isn’t nailed down, including junk like forks, pens, cups - you name it. His indiscriminate kleptomania makes him seem more like a petty thief than a master, though. And he doesn’t have the charm, either in his flat voice acting or his lame, poorly lip-synced dialogue to make him a loveable Robin Hood rogue rather than some jerk who goes around swiping utensils off innocent people’s tables. He’s also wearing a corset for some reason.
Let me know what you think after you're finished. I'm still debating on whether or not this is worth buying.