• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

They knew you'd lose your insurance

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
Obama admin. knew millions could not keep their health insurance - Investigations
I know there are several ObamaCare threads, but this deserves one of its own.

Buried in Obamacare regulations from July 2010 is an estimate that because of normal turnover in the individual insurance market, “40 to 67 percent” of customers will not be able to keep their policy. And because many policies will have been changed since the key date, “the percentage of individual market policies losing grandfather status in a given year exceeds the 40 to 67 percent range.”
That means the administration knew that more than 40 to 67 percent of those in the individual market would not be able to keep their plans, even if they liked them.
Yet President Obama, who had promised in 2009, “if you like your health plan, you will be able to keep your health plan,” was still saying in 2012, “If [you] already have health insurance, you will keep your health insurance.”
There it is. They guy 52% of us voted for knew that 1/2 of us would lose our healthcare, but knew that if he said that, we'd never accept him or the worst law ever passed. I hope liberals prove that I'm right when I say I think they're smart, the Democrat party thinks they're a moron. Because if the people that voted for Obama don't get mad about this, then its the Democrat Party that was right all along.

Wow, I just realized this is from NBC News. They are the propaganda machine for this administration. If they've turned, that is significant.

Van

Heavy Weapons Guy
V.I.P.
Yes I saw this today and was equally shocked to see it on nbc. The man somehow has a mid forty percent approval rating. Well actually a lot of people make no attempt to inform themselves. Maybe people losing their insurance will get sticker shock when they see how much they get to pay now or else pay the fine. Polically this almost ensures they will be receiving another shallacking in the 2014 election. Hopefully we can get some good people who actually have spines in Washington. More importantly however this is simply bad for the country and will cause much more damage to the economy that the "republican" caused shutdown did. The ACA will stunt or reverse growth in our economy for years and years. The fact that they knew this was going to happen simply lowers my opinion of them even more...if that's possible.

The man is a liar. The ends justify the means. I think this all comes down to redistribution of wealth. Pure ideology. I don't think he cares how this affects our economy as long as it, in his view, takes money from the rich and redistributes to those who voted for him. When you spread the wealth around its good for everybody? He told us who he was and the stupid things he wanted to do but not enough people cared.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
Actually its probably not worth its own thread and belongs in the other OC thread. Sorry for filling MD up with ObamaCare. I just get so frustrated with it all. Will try to be better, thanks.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I knew this had to be a lie. In order to keep costs down it would have been mathematically impossible for everyone to be able to keep their own plan. This was BS from the beginning and anyone who looked into the law SHOULD have come to the same conclusion. This isn't surprising at all.

dDave

V.I.P.
Leaked memo shows the Obama Admin knew of Healthcare.gov glitches before Oct. 1 rollout – Glenn Beck

Absolutely wonderful. The government didn't only know that lots of people would lose their insurance (what a ridiculous lie).

Apparently the administration knew that the website was going to be a monumental failure and they went ahead with it anyway. They KNEW that Cruz was right and they still tried to shut him down.

This really is the most corrupt administration to ever hold power in America.