There were definitely no red flags here at all...

Discussion in 'Offbeat News' started by Mirage, Aug 21, 2008.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

2. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

I kinda jumped when I read they had similar things in Selma.... we have a selma here but apparently its a different one.

Thats a bad deal, I mean it sucks when crooks play the heart strings of people like that who would otherwise be willing to help out people in need.

3. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

Ya I don't even see how you'd think anything was wrong :rolleyes:

4. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

How do people fall for these kid of scams?

HAY LET ME GIVE YOU MONEY, BUT FIRST YOU HAVE TO GIVE ME SOME |:

Mirage likes this.
  5. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Seriously that's pretty much what the Nigerian bank account scam is. Gotta give credit to somebody willing to risk trying it in person.

If he tried that on the wrong person he'd find himself laying on the ground trying to stop the blood from pouring out of a gaping hole in his face. Seriously the scammers who pull this stuff are almost as dumb as the people who get scammed.

6. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

Who ever could you be talking about :innocent:

7. kiwi

kiwi The Original Kiwi

So, some random person on the street is going to give you 90k, and all you have to do is give 80k of it to charity. Um, yea, definitely trust them. Oh wait, and they now want you to withdraw a large sum of money to show them first, that makes perfect sense, it's what I personally would ask of them.

I can't feel sorry for him.

8. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

I'm with Kiwi on this one. I can't feel sorry for someone who obviously doesn't have the brains to think that this might be a scam.