• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

There is Poop in Burger Meat

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
http://www.motherjones.com/tom-philpott/2015/08/poop-ground-beef-superbugs-antibiotic-resistant

So this article is disgusting. It explains how almost all ground beef contains at least some form of fecal matter. Which makes sense when you think about the environment in which cows are slaughtered, and how fecal matter in the intestines etc can spread to other areas.

This makes me really glad that I don't eat meat. Although I'm not under any impression that my food is without issues, as I know just how many problems there are also with the fruit, vegetable and soy industries.

It seems like almost all our food has hidden dark or gross secrets behind it now. It makes it so hard to know who to trust and where to shop.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
While I would like to say I'm surprised by this I'm not. Cows poop all over themselves and each other especially if they are kept in cramped conditions like they are in most feed lots. All I can say is cook your meat till it is well done.

Unfortunately unless you raise the meat or grow the vegies yourself you don't know what is in it or on it. Some people use cow or horse manure to fertilize gardens with which can spread bacteria to your vegies.

Considering the amount of people there are to feed I don't see things changing.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Yeah it's so hard to know if your food is good or not. Even if veggies are grown organically or animals are raised ethically then the people processing it are probably migrant workers being underpaid or something bad. I wish I could grow my own veggies but I only have a tiny balcony and no backyard.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't trust the people picking it not to poop or pee on it to get back at the boss. People can do gross things.

A woman was selling onions in bags at a open flea market one day. Big bags sitting on the ground. I happen to look over when I was driving away and saw her dog hike his leg on the onions. I think a woman said something so I didn't go back. That's the way it looked anyway. So now if there is a male dog around I'm not buying someones produce.