There has to be more.......

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AngelsPeak, Apr 25, 2005.

1. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

I am not trying to start a deep philosophical conversation here (unless you want to) but I am sitting here at work, and a client called for a quote and all I felt was resentment, "how dare they disturb me" kind of feeling. I know selling insurance is just a temporary stop on my lifes journey, but I am really getting bored with it. I feel as though it is taking me away from what I really want to do. If you read my introduction, then you know I keep myself VERY BUSY! Sometimes I wish I could just say "I'm outta here" but I'm afraid to take that giant leap. If you know of my fairy bones auction, then you know that I am working on a chidlrens book right now, it's very exciting, but I know that's not what I'm meant for either. I hope someone out there can relate to what I'm saying...it's almost as if I'm teetering on the edge of something big, and if I just take the right step I'll discover what it is. Like I said in the beginning, I'm not trying to start a deep "what's the meaning of life thread" but I would love to hear if anyone else can relate to what I'm saying?

2. wolvergambit

wolvergambit Registered Member

I can totally relate to what you are saying. I have felt like that for more years than I can remember. I've often felt like I'm destined for more than what I am doing, but just haven't found it yet. Not that I feel that I am destined for greatness or anything, but lately I have such a strong feeling of wanting to do more significant, important things with my life. I have such a compassion for children and I am thinking lately that I would like to work somehow with children that are sick and need some guidance and cheering up. I think this would be so fullfilling and that in the long run, it is I who would be benefiting from the experience more than the kids.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2005
  3. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

After submitting the post I thought to myself, "noone under the age of 30 is going to understand what the heck I'm talking about" but maybe I'm wrong? Sometimes it's experiencing life and not just living it, that makes us who we are, and helps us understand how to reach deep inside ourselves instead of just skimming the surface...Gosh maybe I should save that one for a book? LOL :lol:

4. wolvergambit

wolvergambit Registered Member

I probably understand it because I'm the ripe old age of 50 LOL

5. Nanner

Nanner Registered Member

Ohhhh I can't tell you how many times when I was working that I would think "QUIT BUGGING ME"!!! or leave me alone! I did take a step.....although not a meaning of life one. I went back to school in my mid 30's after much "what do I want to do when I grow up" thinking, working crappy jobs etc. Decided on my fav hobby (DUH!) :).....traveling. So I became a travel agent. Turns out it was in the corporate catagory and groups at that so not quite as fun as sending families to Disney World but I still got the perks :D Instead of the fun leasure part I was dealing with big shot CEO's and finding them the best seat pitch in first class while sending their best 1000 employees to far off places for a "meeting" Ummm ok.....STRESS! Didn't pay the bills really (pay stinks) but I was able to travel to amazing places for next to nothing (if not nothing....flew to Europe twice for free with a companion...plus all kinds of other free flights)! Probably will never go back to it with the little one....hard if not impossible to find P/T work in the industry and I doubt I'll do full time again. Anyway moral of the story.....it's never too late to change what you do and GO FOR IT!

Just my 5 cents worth.

6. Teorropy

Teorropy Registered User

Oh, I understand, since my accident, and I can't walk now, I have only been able to do part time work at my current job, which is the place I got hurt at, but everyday I wish I was out of this place doing something better. Or at least have a full time job, but just something different. I think I need to cut all ties with the work place that I lost my legs at. I think then I will be able to move on. But I have put out at least 15 resumes/application at different place around town, and I haven't heard from any of them. I have called some to find out that I am not what they are looking for. So frustating.

7. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

What is it that you REALLY want to be doing with your life? I know it's a tough question to answer but maybe their is something else out there that you are meant to be doing. I'm pretty sure I have found my niche in life and hope to take the plunge soon. My greatest goal is to look back on my life one day with as few regrets as possible. It's not easy but I'm trying to do as much as I can and still be able to enjoy the moment. Thanks for sharing and God Bless!

8. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

I know how all of you feel. I used to work for the Government in a research lab. Day in day out. Punch in punch out go to work and go back home.

I kept saying to myself this has to change. After 3 1/2 years of being a lab rat I couldn't take it anymore. So I finally did it! Told the bosses and the government to take a flying [email protected]#$. Walked out of the building and I haven't looked back. Boy was my folks pissed. I decided to do what I loved. Comics and toys....

Now I own a comic & toyshop, and I make toys for several toy companies. I haven't been happier. I will never go back to my old life. So I guess what I’m trying to say is. Sometimes you just got to take a chance and go for it!
    You will never know until you try.

Now I spend my time the way I want. And I get to spend allot of time with my son. I wish you all luck on all your future plans and auctions.
    Till next time......................... :warp:

9. Nanner

Nanner Registered Member

I'm getting personal and know it's none of my business. Feel free to tell me to shut up if you want.......BUT.......if your accident took place at work, especially such a bad accident......shouldn't you be on a tropical island somewhere sipping drinks with little umbrellas in them (their expense of course)! rather than working P/T for the same company? Keep sending those resumes out......one day (SOON) you'll get a call back! GOOD LUCK!

10. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

You are one of the brave souls..Bravo! And for all of us who dream but dare not live those dreams we need to remember; Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something is more important than fear.