• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

There are two types of...

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
Have you ever come across this sort of phrase? There are two types of whatever in the world?

e.g.
There are two types of bungling goon in the world.
One who is a right bungler but funny with it.
The other a bungler who risks killing millions of people.

That sorta crap.

Anyway, please leave your discussion-type thoughts about the two types of whatever the hell it is, and in the process please leave your own philosophy pertaining to two types of whatever you're on about... Like the example above... As in, leave an example of this derived from your own ideas and/or imagination... Thanks :)

Last edited by a moderator:

shelgarr

Registered Member
Yes, those that talk or those that listen. Those that lead or those that follow. Those that host parties or those that attend. I can probably think of more. Oh...a good one....those that like quantity and those that like quality.

ATARIGUY

Beermister
I've heard people say There are 2 types of gay men

1. The feminine type
2. The macho guy you would never suspect is gay like bikers and such.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
The most common one I've heard and can think of is "There are two types of people n the world. Those who have read Lord of the Rings and those who have not". That could easily be replaced with Harry Potter as well.

P.S - I've read both.

Bliss

Sally Twit
"Those who think there are two types of everything and those who don't."

Never really understood the phrase because in most cases, why can't you be a little of both, or none at all?

Wade8813

Registered Member
My favorites are the spoofs on it, like "There are three types of people in the world - those who can count, and those who can't"

Seriously though, while there are times it's quite true, I agree with Bliss that it often is oversimplifying things.

Easily-Amused

http://easily-amused.com/
My favorites are the spoofs on it, like "There are three types of people in the world - those who can count, and those who can't"

Seriously though, while there are times it's quite true, I agree with Bliss that it often is oversimplifying things.
Yeah the spoofs are the best. My favourite is "There are 10 types of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't."

Other than the spoofs, I really don't like those types of phrases. They suggest a black and white ideal of the world whereas I prefer the grey area.