• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Themed Decorating

Bliss

Sally Twit
I am making this thread after reading something Dabs said about her kitchen being decorated using a Pepsi theme.
Do any of you have rooms where you have decorated to a theme? What do you think of this?

I was sort of shocked when I read it because I thought it was something only children would do (not trying to insult you, Dabs) so I was wondering if this was a common thing to do.
My rooms are all the same colour but that is because if I change them I'd have to change them back before I moved out. The most I would do is have each room a different colour but not to a theme.

Dabs

Registered Member
I assure you, my kitchen looks nothing like a child's :)
I just had to search high and lo on the internet and antique stores and a lot of places in the mountains carry Pepsi items. I have the canister set, the large cookie jar, the straw dispenser, the paper towel holder, Pepsi radio that works, as well as other few odds and ends in the Pepsi logo. I found some Pepsi material/fabric online and I made my own curtains. And my smaller appliances, such as toaster, blender, chopper, microwave, breadbox- are all in red. Then I have throw rugs on the floors that are done in the red, white and blue theme, same as Pepsi. I am always scouring flea markets and things, in search of more Pepsi items to add to my kitchen. My garbage container is also in red! I love my kitchen, and I get a lot of compliments on it, it's definitely something no one has ever seen before :)
And each of the remaining rooms in my home are not only a different color, but also a different theme.

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
I have never heard of someone doing this before (I mean in real life, of course it's on TV...) and can't really imagine what it would look like (impressive or tacky). Sounds interesting to say the least. Could you possibly post a picture, Dabs? :)

I think it would be cool to have a themed room, but I would make it a room that only I would be going in, mainly. I'd love to try a small themed room, like me and millz were talking about a maps/geography dorky themed study the other day, I think that would be awesome.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think it would be cool to have a themed room, but I would make it a room that only I would be going in, mainly. I'd love to try a small themed room, like me and millz were talking about a maps/geography dorky themed study the other day, I think that would be awesome.
I should actually do that...I do have another room unused, after all :lol:

I actually am kind of doing this, a themed room. My back room or spare room has a bunch of St Louis Cardinals "stuff" in it. I've acquired a lot of cool items over the years and I figured why not put it all together in one room? It's still in the early'ish stages but it is going to be pretty awesome when it's all said and done I think.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
My rooms aren't decorated to a theme. They are in several colors (but similar ones).
My room is the only exception. Only one side is pink, the others are white(into cream).
But there are no themes for the only reason that I'm sure whatever theme I used, would become boring after a while.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Hmm, I sort of have a themed room but it's really only concerning colour. Our TV room is all reds and blues. Blue couch, blue dog bed, red candles, red lamp shade etc etc. We try to keep to the colour theme in there. Aside from that though I don't have one.

ATARIGUY

Beermister
I hope the following qualifies for this thread ???

Well I live in an apartment and I decorate my living room window each month for the holiday celebrated each month like Xmas, easter, Valentines Day and so on.

I will post what I have in my digital camera. . . . . . .

This is my Halloween, Valentine's day and XMAS theme for my window. . . . . . .

Attachments

Last edited: