Them Theres Fightin' Words!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by icegoat63, Mar 29, 2010.

1. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

I had to lawl a little bit after watching the Video CO posted in this thread;

http://www.generalforum.com/anitalife/texas-style-depositions-71366.html#post816943

It was an unhappy reminder of how much my body reacts to Trigger words. For me, hearing someone say "Boy" with that Texas Drawl is one of the fastest Trigger Words I've ever experienced. I flat out go into a Fight mood and wanna rip the person who said its head off.

No other word or phrase has ever had that kinda grip on me... And I know this kind of reaction isnt unique to me or just that Phrase. A funny one I remember was a guy I knew back in school. His trigger word was "Fucking Dick". You could call him every mix/matched version of the F word all you wanted, call him a Dick any time of the day... but if you called him a fucking dick... he'd try to take your head off. I'm not sure if it was just something he picked up from home life or how this kind of reaction is even established in the first place. But either way... I know that some people have certain audible trigger words.

Do you guys know any phrases that you'd consider Trigger words to put you in a Fighting Mood?

2. Smelnick

Smelnick Creeping On You V.I.P.

Spaz.

When I was in elementary school, and the kids'd pick on me, I'd retaliate in anger, and then they'd all make fun of me for "spazzing" out. One of my nicknames was "The Spaz". That always just pissed me off more. Nowadays when I hear that word, something inside twinges, and I can't help but be angry.

3. Twitch

Twitch Registered Member

When people tell me to relax. I fucking lose it when people do this. Usually when they say it I'm pretty relaxed to begin with.

icegoat63 likes this.
  4. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

I don't have a trigger word or phrase, I just wanted to let you all know that I'm taking notes on this. :lol:
    ugh, that always annoyed me too. The amount of times I've wanted to scream at my brother "I AM F**KING RELAXED!!!" but then stopped short upon realising the irony, and opted for saying it through gritted teeth instead :hah:

5. Altanzitarron

Altanzitarron Tamer Of The LOLzilla

"Big Man", whenever anyone says that to me in a patronising way, I flip out big time. Nothing sets me off more.

6. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

"calm down"

as if it's possible to calm down instantly upon hearing two words when I'm worked up enough that someone has to say it to me. if it worked that way, I wouldn't be upset in the first place.

7. Kibi

Kibi Babeasaurus Sex

Eurgh I hate spaz too Smel and who the hell thinks Calm Down is ACTUALLY going to work???

My personal trigger isn't a word but if someone pulls my hair I fly at them. It's an issue.

8. storm_ina_C_cup

storm_ina_C_cup Registered Member

Over here in England:

"innit"

When they say, "yeah" after each sentence.
    ex:
    "We're going to the park?, yeah".
    "You want some gum, yeah".
    "Look at me, yeah".

Over in the States:

"Hey ya'll watch isss"

"Hey Boo"

"Baby Girl"

"I hate my life"

9. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

For me there’s not one specific word out there that boils my blood so to speak, a lot of words in French and English make me mad, and some certain facial reactions when I’m talking to someone, just wants me to hit them squarely between the eyes.

10. wolfheart

wolfheart Registered Member

As Jeanie has already said "calm down". If I am worked up enough to be on the verge of fighting mood and someone tells me to calm down I feel like ripping one of their arms off and beating them to death with the soggy end.

Lately being called a Tosser has wound me up instantly, my bosses son called me that the other and before I even thought about it I had thrown a hammer at him, sadly I missed.

Jeanie likes this.