The year of Romo?

Discussion in 'NFL' started by Babe_Ruth, May 12, 2009.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

This section is pretty dead as of late, so I decided to create a new thread, to try and spark things up.

Is this the Year of Romo? What I mean by that is this, is this the year where he puts it all together?

We all know he's a good quarterback, but it seems when the game is on the line, or it's a win or go home game he usually struggles. Do you believe he will be able to make it pass the first round this year, and maybe even bringing the Cowboys back to the promise land?

Do you think losing Owens will help him or hurt him?

Do you think Roy Williams can be a go to guy in Dallas like Owens was?

Thoughts?

2. SubZero

SubZero Registered Member

I think owen's not whining for the ball will help, but don't think they have the receiving talent to go all the way.

3. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

I think losing Owens will help him. You have to think that every time he went back to pass, the thought of Owens whining about not getting the ball was in the back of his head. I think the Cowboy WR corp is fine without him. For them to at least win a playoff game Romo needs to show leadership. The rest of the team HAS to feel he's dedicated to winning.

4. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

Maybe, maybe not with Romo. As much as Owens bitched he was still a stud at receiver. Roy Williams and Romo really need to practice alot together before I believe it'll be his year.

Jason Witten is a stud but can guys like Miles Austin and Patrick Crayton step up to the plate? Too many question marks right now IMO.

5. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Owens might of been a whiner, but he got the job done. If they needed he first down he usually got it done. I personally believe that he didn't get the ball as much as he deserved.

I agree with Millz saying that Witten is a stuf he's definitely the best Tight End in the NFL.

I am a huge fan of Williams, but he's really stunk it up in the last few seasons. He can really elevate his game with Romo as his quarterback. He should be the number one receiver this upcoming season.

CO hit on the head as well, so far the off-season as been good for Romo, I havent heard much of him on the celebrity side like we did last season, so hopefully it will stay that way.

He's still sort of learning the game if he can become a leader like Aikman was, then he should be fine, but that's easier said then done.

6. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

The NFL has been saying it's Romo's time for a long time now and so far he's yet to make it to the NFC Championship. However, I will say this, no T.O. means less shit he has to put up with on the field and I'm sure even as we speak the other WRs on the team are being tested.

7. Matriqulated

Matriqulated Future is Fused 3036A.D.

It will NEVER be the Year of Romo which is why the Tuna retired. He didn't want to put up with the lack of consistency in fundamentals the kid displays (Seahawks playoff loss) and couldn't replace him at the time either. I trust the judgement of Parcells here, just don't think he will deliver when the lights come on unless he is surrounded by a team where all he has to do is not turn the ball over i.e. Ravens.

8. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

While all true Jerry Jones decided this kid is the face of franchise and is paying him as such so I guess they and we are all stuck with him.

9. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

I don't think that's why Tuna left, he left because Jones is an overbearing owner who thinks he's a great GM. I think the TO signing had more to do with him leaving.

After going through season after season with a ? mark at QB after Aikman left, it's good Romo finally panned out. The large majority of teams wish they had stability at QB, and while Romo is not Tom Brady, no else is. With the right talent around him and if he decides to get more disciplined, he can take the Cowboys to the Super Bowl. It's all up to him, really.

10. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

I'll be fair, I'll give Romo this 2009 season to prove his worth before I start calling the Cowboys a complete joke, and this is not because of their last game at Texas Stadium.