The yard sale scene, or where do you go to get your sale items?

Discussion in 'Money & Investing' started by MJonesMBA2001, Apr 25, 2005.

1. MJonesMBA2001

MJonesMBA2001 Registered Member

Do you hit the yard sales in search of items to put up for sale on ebay? Do you buy things online that you find when it's a good deal to resell? Do you just sell things from around the house??

I can't stand looking through yard sales for one or two good items amid a mound of junk. I need some ideas, too, so maybe some of your experiences will help me out.

2. kromsales

kromsales Registered Member

I dont usually do yard sales. I have them and all but not for stuff for ebay. I haven't sold much other than goofy auctions so far anyhow. Everything else was clothes and baby stuff I had.

3. Dragon

Dragon Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I usually hit the thrift stores. On certain days, there are certain things that are 50% off.

4. SamusAran86

SamusAran86 Registered Member

Thrift stores are a great place to find some good older items. I get alot of my stuff from Godwill which usually has saturdays at 50% off

5. Teorropy

Teorropy Registered User

Well, right know I have about 10 extra books that I have, I get them from the Library for about 25 cents. I know I can get more out of them.

6. Msbabedoll

Msbabedoll Registered Member

By now everyone on here knows IM WEIRD! BUt I like looking through junk at yard sales! SOmetimes that is where i get my things. Once i bought a tommy hifiguer sp? shirt at a yard sale for 3 bucks and resold it on ebay for 17! The lady LOVED it!

We have a discount (junk) store here called Walls. Sometimes I find stuff there marked down good and still have tags on it and i can resell. Last thing i resold from there were some boys wrangler jeans.......nwt........

7. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

I love yard sales, especially on the last day they are going to be open, by that time people are ready to give the stuff away. I usually buy furniture and add my own creative touch and turn around and resell it for 2 or 3x what I paid for it!