XBOX Original The XBOX is only 3 years old!

CrispyCocaine

Registered Member
This Generation started with the Dreamcast and that was 7 years ago? I could go for the start of the next generation.

Pianobone

Registered Member
Lol... Dreamcast... *sigh*

Poor Sega.

Yeah, it is time for a new round of systems to be coming out, but it seems like they're staggered in their releases more than ever this time. Eventually, it will be like cars, where there are so many options and so many features coming out, that consumers will just buy what things they want in a system, much the same way people buy things like an optional V8 or four-wheel drive.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Pianobone said:
Eventually, it will be like cars, where there are so many options and so many features coming out, that consumers will just buy what things they want in a system, much the same way people buy things like an optional V8 or four-wheel drive.
Hopefully it will never turn into that. Sounds too much like PC gaming.

KannonMAK

Registered Member
Buckeye101 said:
It's not that early. Most consoles only last 5 years. Xbox already reached it's potential a while ago.
Halo one, beginning of potential.
Halo 2, end of potential.

name another exclusive game that really mattered?

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
There are a lot of good exclusive games for Xbox. I admit, I don't personally care for all of them (Knights of the Old Republic), and there are some I haven't played (Ninja Gaiden), but there's a lot more on Xbox than just Halo. I don't really see your point though. What does this have to do with anything?

Shawk

Registered Member
Hmmm, Sony seems more of the monopoly company to me.

Microsoft is just trying to make something easier, making video games, Sony just wants to dick around and make something for profit.

Pianobone

Registered Member
The only "real" reason in my mind to buy a Playstation is if you're a fan of Final Fantasy games. That's a good exclusive, but there's really nothing else that Sony has that's not available to other gamers.

And while games like the Splinter Cell series are available across the board, compare graphics and framerates from Xbox to Playstation or Gamecube. It's like looking at a black and white tv versus color.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
I wouldn't go that far.. Actually the PS2 and GC both have some awesome titles. PS2 has the SOCOM series, which is huge in the FPS world. Zelda WW was great on the GC, and the framerate was perfect. I never noticed any problems with it.

When given the choice of a cross platform title, I would go XBOX though because XBOX Live is superior to anything Sony or Nintendo have to offer right now. I'd even buy XBOX over PC for that same reason. The fact that almost everyone has voice chat is an automatic plus, and a deciding factor for me when buying online based multiplayer games.