The Wrath Of Ebay Strikes Again!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Money & Investing' started by wolvergambit, May 6, 2005.

1. wolvergambit

wolvergambit Registered Member

Well Ebay as been so kind as to cancel my Abe Lincoln Chicken Breast auction and my Silver Lining Auction!!!!!!!!!!

Isn't that nice of them??????

It seems I can't mention JAY LENO in my chicken breast. I guess you can only use JAY in a cracker or potato chip. Guess Jay doesn't like chicken.

Oh and my Silver Lining auction didn't say in the title what I was offering!!!

They also cancelled an auction I had for JENNIFER WILBANKS found in my pantyhose because you can't use a celebrity name like that???

I didn't realize JENNIFER was a celebrity. I guess you can only use her name if it's in a $15,000 PIECE OF TOAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also what is upsetting is I paid $30 for publicity for the Abe Lincoln chicken breast on other sites which is non refundable..

I'm really beginning to hate Ebay!!

Last edited: May 6, 2005

2. kennon07

kennon07 Registered Member

Oh no!! I am so sorry. I wonder if they'll get my Jay and Paula Abdul auctions. I didn't know that was against ebay rules. The $16,000 toast has Jennifer in it's title. I just don't get it. I am sorry you're having to deal with it!!

3. wolvergambit

wolvergambit Registered Member

I don't get it either. They let some go and cancel others. You can't tell me that they haven't seen the Jennifer toast at $15,000?

Even Ebay isn't that blind. I guess because they are going to make a lot of money off it, it's ok. What a double standard.

4. kennon07

Of course they have!! BUT they get a large cut of that money, don't they?? If they cancel yours then they should cancel theres. But that will never happen because of the almighty dollar. Just doesn't seem fair..... :mad:

5. 1_ares_1

1_ares_1 Registered Member

GAWD!! This is so frustrating! Makes me feel so postal! aaargh! I have to smash some innocent ants or something! I too am beginning to loathe Ebay. They never help the innocent, only the a-- holes. A word of caution Barb, be careful what you list for a while so they don't suspend your account. It just doesn't seem to be getting any better today. Tomorrow HAS to be better.

6. fairyquadmother

fairyquadmother Registered Member

What is their deal anyway? I have wondered about this same thing, one thing gets pulled but another similar one stays. *konks head*

I wonder if it boils down to the almighty dollar and who thought of it first. If the toast guy thought of it first, he gets lots of PR for it, thus someoen doing something "similar" is copying (like that's never been done on ebay).

Personally, I'm most offended by the selling of her invite. Gee, what friends. BUT, with 600 invites going out, odds are good they barely know her :p

7. MJonesMBA2001

MJonesMBA2001 Registered Member

What is up with them??? It just isn't right how they arbitrarily let some stay and cancel some!! How can they possibly justify what they are doing??

8. kennon07

9. TGirl

TGirl Registered Member

I am watching...so sorry and Good Luck!!!
    ~Trina~

10. Nanner

Nanner Registered Member

Yes, I received a notice about the cancel since I bid :( Sooooooooo sorry :( :( That really ticked me off too!!!

Maybe you need to write to Jay and ask him if he likes chicken? Guess the Pope liked doritos? I do NOT get it either!

Ahhh who is Jennifer Wilbanks? Can't be too famous cuz I've never heard of her!

Again...so sorry :( Do they (meaning eBay) reply if you as for more details on WHY????