• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

The World's oldest man dies.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.

Walter Breuning, the world's oldest man, died of natural causes at the Great Falls Hospital in Montana yesterday. He was 114 years old.

Walter was admitted earlier in the month for an undisclosed illness after previously living in a nursing home since 1980. The oldest living man is now believed to be Jiroemon Kimura of Japan, who is set to turn 114 on April 19.

Walter became somewhat of a sage in his old age and shared his wisdom with those who sought it from him. Last October, he said this of death in an interview he gave to the Associated Press:

"We're going to die. Some people are scared of dying. Never be afraid to die. Because you're born to die."

Source: Perezhilton.com

It's good to hear he lived that much!

Impact

V.I.P.
I gotta say, he looked really good for 114. My nana looks way older than that, and she's 20 years younger.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
Yeah, he looks pretty good for his age. I just wonder if that's a recent picture of him or it's just a picture taken many years ago.

viLky

ykLiv
Poor guy. R.I.P.

Do you think the guy in Japan is celebrating 'cuz he is now the oldest man alive? Inviting all his friends over for this special day of his.

The only problem I have is this:

Walter became somewhat of a sage in his old age and shared his wisdom with those who sought it from him. Last October, he said this of death in an interview he gave to the Associated Press:

"We're going to die. Some people are scared of dying. Never be afraid to die. Because you're born to die."
He is now a "sage" because of that? Is every old person who states the obvious now filled with wisdom? We developed this stereotype where people are instantly filled with wisdom and know what life is really about all because they are old. Not trying to sound like a jackass, but come on.

Dekzper

Registered Member
Poor guy. R.I.P. Is every old person who states the obvious now filled with wisdom? We developed this stereotype where people are instantly filled with wisdom and know what life is really about all because they are old. Not trying to sound like a jackass, but come on.
ROFLMFAO! :lol: Good one!
"Grass is usually green." Omg! A sage! LOL! *sorry, couldn't stop.*

Well, if I was 114 yo :-o I'd hope I was dead a long time ago. But yeah, he does look kinda happy so I guess it didn't mess with him much. But I still dont understand why anyone would wanna live that long. I think I'm gonna have nightmares...

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I would rather die younger than have my hands look like that in old age. They look creepy, you can see the whole skeletal structure.

viLky

ykLiv
I would rather die younger than have my hands look like that in old age. They look creepy, you can see the whole skeletal structure.
Are you alluding to the fact that Shang Tsung was in the room sapping his life away? Good conclusion, Crouton, I didn't think about that. :hmm:

I would also want to die at a younger age. 60. 65. Around there is fine for moi. I have a feeling when I get old I'll be showered in medications and in constant pain. A pessimistic view, it's just what I think will happen. I don't want to surrender my youth to old age.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Are you alluding to the fact that Shang Tsung was in the room sapping his life away? Good conclusion, Crouton, I didn't think about that. :hmm:
I don't understand any of this, except for the fact that it's in English.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Ah I get it now. That's what I get for not really being into fighting games. I really should play some Mortal Kombat one day.