• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

The Worlds Heaviest People

Msbabedoll

Registered Member
Hmmm its nice to see that we can finally disagree and not have a total war on our hands! (smile) I'm in limbo on this, in one way I think that these people could change their lives by putting their mind to it and loosing weight, sure its a struggle and sure its VERY hard, but it CAN be done......on the other hand I do know people who are just weak in self discipline and wonder with that HOW they could stick to a diet for years to loose so much weight?

Angel your post above telling all your hardships......I am so sorry, this is the first time I have heard of this, BUT as I was reading it, I think I am going to copy it and email it to my mother. She is trying SO hard not to slip into the self pity of her life.....granted right now things are tough for her........my daddy is not well (and still struggles to stay away from the very drugs that killed James) and now my brother is having BIG troubles and she's worrying herself sick about all of it...........I think your post might make her think that she should not worry herself to death about stuff.........

:)

iggyshotthebear

Registered Member
Some of these people did not choose to be overweight but can assure you that they made the choice to eat heartily. I do understand thyroid problems and metabolism problems. With medical advances today, there isnt much excuse for not getting the care you need even if you are poverty stricken. There is help. There might be alot of hassle and red tape to get it, but its there.

For every action there is a consequence. It can be good or bad. Same things I teach my children.

Those who have made themselves believe they are stuck in life, need to rethink a little. There is ALWAYS a way out. Not always the best way to start over in life but you can get up, move on and start from scratch. Yup its hard. Yup I've done it. My husband and signed over our daughter at one point in time to my parents. Because we were so close to being absolutely penniless and homeless that we feared for her. We made it though. We forced things to work for us instead of against us. We took the outside circumstances that were hindering us and voided them out of our lives until we could handle them again or not ever again.

I also understand that bad situations that we do not cause. But we have a choice to stay in that situation or leave. We may not leave with much but its a building block that starts your stairs to a better 'home'. A house doesnt appear in one day does it? No its built one piece at a time. Same with our lives. Our problems didnt occur overnight and no they cannot be fixed overnight. Alot of people believe that if it cannot be fixed immediately then it cant be fixed at all. So very untrue. Problems are hard. That's why they are called problems. Take life one day at a time, shoot for the moon and someday it will come to you! One way or another.

fairyquadmother

Registered Member
And while we're at it, gosh darn it, why can't those heroin addicts just give up their heroin. It's a choice after all.

The thing about giving up heroin or cigs, you don't HAVE to have those things to survive. I still have to eat.

And for the record, I get pretty peeved when I see someone say "gosh I was 140 pounds once, and I pray I never get that fat again" (or something to that effect). Guess what, I was nearly 300 pounds at my heaviest, so 140 would be wonderful.

That ranks right up there with some size 2 saying "gosh I'm so fat" just so they can get compliments on how skinny they are. SAD SAD. (think about what you are saying about those around you heavier than you).

trees

Registered Member
My best friend was about 320 pounds at one time and she was still a great and beautiful person. She wanted to loose, wanted to stop eating, but it is an additiction. I did not look bad on her, nor did I think it was her choice to be that way.

And I dont know the weight of anyone in here and have not said anything bad about weight problems.

Last edited:

wolvergambit

Registered Member
The problem with any addiction, whether it be overeating, drugs, sex is that you have to want to help yourself.
No one can make you change unless YOU want it for yourself.
The problem with most addicts is that although the know they have a problem, they don't know how to handle it and therefore choose to live in denial and not handle it, because that is easier.
It usually takes some significant life altering moment to wake or shake them up enough to be strong enough to make the healthy choice.

Msbabedoll

Registered Member
Well I was 172 at my heaviest. That was as far as I wanted to go. I felt aweful all the time, I can not imagine what someone who weighs thousands of pounds must feel and can you imagine looking at having to loose more than 100 pounds? I know it HAS to be discouraging in itself to know it will take you months and months to get to a normal weight.

That is one reason why I am always complaining about my weight. I got down to 130 and was SOOO happy with myself, but I got TO comfortable and gained 25 pounds over two years!! (shiver) So now, I am aiming to do something about it and so far am down 5 pounds! I am trying to keep the frame of mind that this is NOT that bad, I still get to eat things I like.......just not as much......oh and I dont drink hardly any beer....LOL........that one was hard to give up! hehe...... But I know in the end I will feel so much better!!!

Now like I said before, if anyone wants to become cyber diet buddies.........I'm waiting!! :D

AngelsPeak

Wanna play?
Jenn, go running with me...if I remember correctly (and I do) you forgot last time! :eek:hno:

Msbabedoll

Registered Member
LOL!!! Hey I have been thinking about how proud you would be of me! I'm not a runner but I have been walking on my treadmill!

I feel SOOO Much better to since I am eatting less and exercising

Last edited:

AngelsPeak

Wanna play?
I am proud of you Jenn!!

I had to leave one more post on this thread because of the conversation I just heard my 15 year old having on the phone. Jodi, is talking to her best friend right now and I heard her telling Abbie how much she weighs, (which is only 128 lbs) I'm thinking "normal girl talk" until Jodi says, "can you believe I weigh that much? God what a cow".
A lot of her weight comes from muscle, she runs cross country and track. She lettered as a freshman in HS last year, I have told her over and over, that she cannot go by how much she weighs, because muscle weighs more than fat, but I see I haven't gotten through to her.
I'm gonna take her running with me later and try once again to explain to her that she is not overweight.....the joys of parenthood!
Thanks for letting me whine a little! :)