• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

The Worlds Heaviest People

nani1987

Registered Member
it is a shame people let themselves get this way... it is a problem they need serious help...............

trees

Registered Member
Thats a great saying! Wish I had heard it at about age 16! There would have been lots of things I would have "tried to" do differently.

And it is such a shame that every person is this beautiful world have different weaknesses. Some have loads of confidence, some dont. Some have no depression, anxiety...ect. And some people are born with weaknesses, and chemical imbalances and there is nothing they can do about it but the best they can. Some people have a life of all good things, and not much disapointment. So they couldnt possibly understand anything. Others go through loads of disapointment. There is no way a person can judge how someone elses life is, if they have not been through the same life.

Some people are carpenters and get the chance to build a mansion......Some people are not carpenters at all, and have to live in a house that may not be so great.

wolvergambit

Registered Member
Exactly Trees, some people just don't have the willpower or strength as much as they would like to.
Everyone has different degrees of something. Different levels of strength, willpower, phobias, anxietys, fears.
Some are stronger and able to make good life changes, while others lack the willpower or strength to do what is needed, even though they may see the need, having the strength to follow through is a whole different ballgame to them.

trees

Registered Member
Whew<<<<<wiping sweat off of my forhead! Thanks wolvergambit!
Everyones life is not the way they choose it to be, no matter how hard they hit those nails with that hammer! :lol:

AngelsPeak

Wanna play?
We are all born with the power of "choice", how you use this gift is certainly the deciding factor in how your lifes journey will turn out. I spent 3 years studying psychology, so I have a pretty competent understanding of how the brain works.
If you walk through life depending on a crutch, you will slowly stagger through the greatest gift there is "living"!! I chose to shed the crutch, and depend on my own 2 legs to walk me through lifes corridor. The journey isn't always easy, but being able to "choose" where I'm going instead of following others will lead me into my golden years with fewer regrets.
We are all our own "carpenters" and whether we live in a mansion or a shack, it's how we choose to live in what we've created that makes all the difference.

Oh and just for the record (wouldn't want to start a war) I am talking about mentally competent people!!

Last edited:

trees

Registered Member
Some things stand in the way of "choice" But only those who have lived through this type of thing would know. You could talk about it till you are blue in the face, and those who have never been through it just dont know, no matter how many years of schooling. Book sense in alot, But common sense means much more!

And no, people dont use this as a crutch....they just need a crutch. Unlike some of the people who think they are perfect, we know that we are not.

trees said:
Some things stand in the way of "choice" But only those who have lived through this type of thing would know. You could talk about it till you are blue in the face, and those who have never been through it just dont know, no matter how many years of schooling. Book sense in alot, But common sense means much more!

And no, people dont use this as a crutch....they just need a crutch. Unlike some of the people who think they are perfect, we know that we are not.
No war here, just difference in opinion! :lol:

Last edited:

AngelsPeak

Wanna play?
Haven't lived through it?? I spent many years dining in hell. I have "lived" through more than most could bare. I have no problem talking about my life, so people understand that I am just a "bit" more than book smart.
Here's a list of some of the hurdles I have had to struggle over.
I spent many of my childhood years in constant fear...not of the boogey man, but a real man, I'm sure you can figure it out.
I ran away at the age of 14, only to be picked up by an overly friendly man who decided to keep me for a while.
My mother was a stinking alcoholic (she CHOSE this)
After my daughter was born, I went to live with a man who abused me (I chose this) after a while I left and struggled on my own, hiding in constant fear of him finding me (another choice)
I smoked and drank most of my 20's away (choice) when I hit 30 I knew it was time to straighten up (choice)
I struggle each month, just like most of you to pay my bills, but I don't live for money....instead I choose do make the most of what I have.
I have an appt on Thurs. for my first mammogram, thanks to a nice little lump. I'm terrified of what they might find, but I have chosen not to let the fear rule me.
So you see, I do understand what it is to struggle. I know what it's like to be in a deep black pit of dispair, but I have made the "choice" to live, rather than simply exist!
I am NOT trying to be confrontational, just understand that others have also lived through hardships.

trees

Registered Member
I am sorry about your hardships, I realize that in some of those times "you had no choice." There are people in situations who do not have a choice. No arguement here. I hope all goes well with you.

Did you build that life by choice? I dont think so.......

Last edited:

AngelsPeak

Wanna play?
Wendy, your not getting what I'm trying to say. Children have little choice when it comes to their lives, as adults we DO have the ability to choose.

I have arrived at this spot in my life by choosing my own path. Every competent adult can do the same. Why live in misery, when you CAN change your life?
I know your going through hard times right now, you've trusted us with what's going on in your life. You DO have the ability to change the path your on, it's not always easy, but there is always a way...trust me!!

trees

Registered Member
I know, I know, I still dont think that these over weight people that this thread was made about did it on purpose or by choice. I think there are underlying problems that put them in a position of not being able to make "wise choices" and that may have led to those problems. I understand that people can "try" to make their life the best they can, they can try to make the right choices, and sometimes things just dont end up like they should. I am very sure those people didnt choose to be that way, unless of course they were just trying to be in the record book for being the heaviest person in the world. lol :lol: