• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

The Worlds Heaviest People

AngelsPeak

Wanna play?
Ewwwwwww.....and here I was sitting, thinking of skipping my run tonight because I'm tired! I think I just found the energy to get out there.

wolvergambit

Registered Member
It's a shame to see people that out of control. A lot of them can't seem to help themselves.

AngelsPeak

Wanna play?
wolvergambit said:
It's a shame to see people that out of control. A lot of them can't seem to help themselves.
I know some had specific problems which led to the gain.....but, what about the ones who comsumed 14000 + calories a day?? I just don't get such a lack of control.

wolvergambit

Registered Member
angelspeak said:
I know some had specific problems which led to the gain.....but, what about the ones who comsumed 14000 + calories a day?? I just don't get such a lack of control.
I don't understand it either, but I have been told that sometimes the overeating is an addiction much like alcohol or drugs.

trees

Registered Member
It seems to me that maybe the bigger they got the more they had to eat to fill their streched stomach. It must be horrible to get that way. I also think that it might have alot to do with depression and trying to "fill" the emptyness feeling. Heck I dont know! lol But it sounds good! lol

I do feel for people who get that big, I see it as a sort of disability. And it is sad.

I have weighed 165 at my heaviest point and would die if I was to ever get bigger than that. But I do blame my weight gain during different times of my life on depression. "Trying to "fill" the empty feeling" and never feeling full.

AngelsPeak

Wanna play?
I understand what your saying Trees, but I still see it as a weakness, why can't they turn the need for food into a more positive addiction? We all spend our lives making choices, and one day we'll look back at what we've chosen and we will either smile at our accomplishments, or frown at our failures.
It just makes me sad to see such waste of the human spirit!

iggyshotthebear

Registered Member
A good friend emailed me this just yesterday. I find it fits this conversation very well!

Build Wisely

An elderly carpenter was ready to reture. He told his employer-contractor of his plans to leave the house-building business and live a more leisurely life with his wife enjoying his extended family. He would miss the paycheck, but he needed to reture. They could get by. The contractor was sorry to see his good worker go and asked if he could build just one more house as a personal favor. The carpenter said yes, but in time it was easy to see that his heart was not in his work. He resorted to shoddy workmanship and used inferior materials. It was an unfortunate way to end a dedicated career. When the carpenter finished his work, the employer came to inspect the house. He handed the front-door key to the carpenter. "This is your house," he said, "my gift to you."

The carpenter was shocked! What a shame! If he had only known he was building his own house, he would have done it all so differently.

So it is with us. We build our lives, a day at a time, often putting less than our best into the building. Then with a shock, we realize we have to live in the house we built. If we could do it over, we'd do it much differently. But we cannot go back.

You are the carpenter. Each day you hammer a nail, place a board, or erect a wall. "Life is a do-it-yourself project" someone has said. Your attitudes and the choices you make today, build the "house" you live in tomorrow. Build Wisely!

doubles2004

Registered Member
Iggy this Is so true I have a plaque In my wood shop that has the exact same saying on It

AngelsPeak

Wanna play?
Thanks Iggy, that's the point I was trying to get across. The exception to the story is the fact that we are all aware of being our own "carpenter"...it's how you choose to use that knowledge that will make all the difference in how your life will turn out!