• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies The wonderful world of movie cliché's

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
Most films I look up on IMDb will normally have a "100 things I learnt from..." etc and it got me thinking about all the cliché's in the world and how as much as we say "oh for f**k sake!" it just wouldn't be the same without so I thought for a laugh we could compose a list of the ultimate movie cliché's.

These are a few that spring to mind for me:

• If a car moves off from a starting position the tires will always squeal no matter how slow or big the car is, also, when people do there will always be a squealing cat in the background.

• If someone drives home drunk there is pretty much a guarantee the car will hit bins outside the residence, usually no other houses have bins outside so why that one?

• If someone rings someone else they very rarely say "hello" unless it is a horror movie in which case that is all they will say.

• If you are watching an action movie and the leads wife/husband/son/daughter has died, they are fighting it in there honor.

• If you are watching an action movie and the leads wife has just had a baby he is getting home alive.

• If you are watching an action movie and the lead is very close to leaving his job he will always stick around for that final job.

There are hundreds more I could think of but I would be interested to hears others :D

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
*If a gadget is shown or demonstrated in a spy film, it will be used.

*Somebody in a horror film will always be caught alone

*An action film will always include a car chase-crash/explosion/gun fight. Or all three.

*Phone signal will not be present in horror films.

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
*They're always brave enough to 'check it out' in horror films instead of turn back, like most normal people would

*Women fall over whilst running away

*Cabin lights always flicker during aeroplane turbulence

*Everyone is an expert at picking locks with a hair pin or paper clip
------
oh oh..
*When the TV is turned on, it is conveniently at the exact moment the news reporter starts a new sentence about something relevant to the plot

Last edited: