The Windows 7 Smart Phone

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Mirage, Feb 18, 2010.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Microsoft has decided to jump into the smart phone arena with a phone of their own. Their "Zune" mp3 player hasn't even began to rival the popular iPod brand, but I guess they are hoping their phone will make for better competition.

Windows Phone 7 Unites Microsoft's Best, But Doesn't Guarantee Success - Windows phone 7 - Gizmodo

What do you think? I think this could do well, especially with the Xbox Live functionality. That's going to be a huge selling point and it hits well within their target demographics.

2. MAgnum9987

MAgnum9987 Do What Thou Wilt

I'm not going to lie. This is a complete rip off, of the iPhone. Just like the Zune was the iPod, and windows 7 has Mac penis envy. Though, admittedly, Xbox live functionality is pretty cool, I have to say that i doubt that will be a real selling point. Any Xbox fan who is dedicated enough to get that phone for the functionality would probably rather use that money for videogames.

3. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Maybe, but keep in mind quite a few of these people don't pay for their own phones. Their parents do. :lol: