Wii The Wii Store, your opinion...

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by dDave, Dec 30, 2007.

1. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

I just recently got a Nintendo Wii and I started using the Wii store right away after I got it.

Is the Wii store a good idea? I accidentally wasted $5 buying Mario Bros. (the 1983 arcade game) instead of Super Mario Bros. I learned my lesson very quickly to make sure that I was buying the right game. They could have made something that allowed you to get a refund for the game if you hadn't played it yet.

Is the Wii store lacking something? Should Nintendo have added something more to it?

One thing that really bothers me is the fact that SNES games cost $8 each (800 points) but you can only buy points in increments of 1000, so I just have points out there that I have in my account but I can't buy anything with them. They should have made it so that you could buy however many points you wanted (instead of just by the 1000.

Overall I give the Wii store a good rating but it is important to be careful when shopping making sure that you are buying what you think that you are buying.

But enough of me I want to hear other people's opinions, how do you like the Wii store?

2. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

I've had the Wii since January and think the Virtual Console store works well. I had a similar issue with Virtua Fighter but its no big since they give you enough info to read before downloading the game that its your own fault if you screw up. <no offense intended>

The ten dollar incriments are easier for accounting purposes and work out in your favor in the long run. I just wish they'd add more than 3 games a week to the store

3. JjCrazyboy

JjCrazyboy Registered Member

I wish they would too but they do not for marketing reasons. You get excited when a good one comes out. If everything came out at once you would not notice it as much. I am excited to see what they are going to do with the new wii store.

4. Nosferatu_Alucard

Nosferatu_Alucard Undead Intellectual

I think it's good and done well. I mean, something that can let you play Zelda:OCT has to be a gift from God.

5. Teorropy

Teorropy Registered User

Well I haven't played the Wii yet, but they have a store like that for the 360 also, I have that problem, points just hanging out there not beinging used. It is annoying.

6. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

i'm awaiting some of the less popular yet fun as hell titles to be added, like:

TMNT: The Arcade Game
    TMNT: Turtles in Time
    Aero the Acrobat
    Bubsy
    Bug
    Bug II
    Maximum Carnage

just to rattle off a few

7. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

Everyone needs to have some form of Turtles in Time.

8. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

as easy and repetitive as the turtles in time like games were, they were perfect for when you just wanted to hack and slash without working your ass off