"The Whole F'in Show" iMPACT - 08/12/10

Unity

#WOKEN
Staff member
So tonight is TNA's "PPV quality" edition of iMPACT, called "The Whole F'in Show." I think we're basically getting the matches that were going to be at Hard Justice, and it looks like an excellent card!

I watched some online commentary in which a dude said "With a card like this, I might have considered buying the PPV. Not with the old ECW guys." I understand his sentiment, but I guess TNA's not getting good buy rates even with good cards like this.

Anyway, here's the preview from TNAwrestling.com:

The special “TNA Thursday Night iMPACT!” features a lineup of matches originally slated for the “Hard Justice” pay-per-view event on August 8. The card was moved to Spike TV after TNA President Dixie Carter and “The Extreme Original” Tommy Dreamer announced a one-night-only “HardCORE Justice” pay-per-view event to celebrate the superstars who created hardcore wrestling.

“The change to ‘HardCORE Justice’ provided TNA with the opportunity to take the original August pay-per-view card and move it to Spike TV. This will allow TNA fans a pay-per-view type experience on “TNA iMPACT!”. If you’ve never seen a TNA pay-per-view event before, this is your chance to see what you’ve been missing,” TNA President Dixie Carter said.

The special August 12 edition of “TNA iMPACT” will be two hours of nonstop wrestling, featuring only matches originally slated for pay-per-view. Pop culture icon and TNA Wrestling superstar Hulk Hogan will oversee the special “iMPACT!,” which includes two world title matches as well as a possible fifth and final installment of a best-of-five-match series between the top tag-teams in wrestling, Beer Money and Motor City Machine Guns.

Matches showcased on August 12 include:

“THE WHOLE F’N SHOW” ROB VAN DAM vs. ABYSS (TNA WORLD TITLE MATCH)

OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALIST KURT ANGLE vs. “THE PHENOMENAL” AJ STYLES

ANGELINA LOVE vs. MADISON RAYNE (TNA KNOCKOUTS TITLE MATCH)

“THE CHARISMATIC ENGIMA” JEFF HARDY’S OPEN CHALLENGE

“THE POPE” D’ANGELO DINERO vs. “THE BLUEPRINT” MATT MORGAN vs. MR. ANDERSON

BEER MONEY vs. MOTOR CITY MACHINE GUNS (TNA WORLD TAG TEAM TITLES MATCH)
Mick Foley (I think it was him) had commented on the MMG vs. Beer Money match, saying it was an incredible one.

Should we do our usual "for fun" picks (since we haven't started keeping track in TNA on them yet...I figured we could in January) for this?

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
My God, MCMG Vs. Beer Money was undoubtedly the best match of the night. That was definitely "PPV material." It was so effin' entertaining, had me at the edge of my seat. Although, I love MCMG, I'd love it if Chris Sabin would fly solo now, maybe set his eyes on the X Division Championship or something. Not that there's anything wrong with MCMG, its just that Sabin has a hell of a lot of potential on his own as well.

Unity

#WOKEN
Staff member
Sabin's already been a multi-time X-Division champion. Now he's in one of the most skilled and popular tag teams in all of pro wrestling; I think they're fine where they're at!

That much was insane. Definite Match of the Year candidate.

The end of the show was just nuts...cool surprise.
I'm wondering if Douglas Williams and Matt Morgan are now officially in Fortune?

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Despite the fact there was already a topic for this (set up by me haha), I thought the show was fantastic.

All the matches (even the knockouts) were 4 star matches and the tag match was a 5 star match, easily.

The one thing I hate is the crowd. Way to chant "This is awesome!" while EV2.0 is getting th s*** beat out of them by Fortune (an angle that I TOTALLY called in another topic, btw.)

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
Pretty incredible show to say the least...lots of action.

Loved it from top to bottom...even the girls match was pretty good.

Unity

#WOKEN
Staff member
The one thing I hate is the crowd. Way to chant "This is awesome!" while EV2.0 is getting th s*** beat out of them by Fortune (an angle that I TOTALLY called in another topic, btw.)
You definitely did call that in another thread, hahaha. PROPS!!!:applause:

I agree, that pissed me off as well. Yeah it's a cool angle, but the good guys that the crowd LOVED from EV2.0 getting beat down shouldn't be cheered...hurts the angle somewhat.

Shooting_Palanx

The Rock is cooking atm..
There was one match that I really liked and that was the MCMG vs Beer Money Inc. Haven't seen a match of that quality in a LONG while. Love how innovative they are with their moves, and doing what tag teams should do, which is combine singular moves into a more tag team oriented state ya know.

Ending was woah! lol! RVD was in so much blood dang! Wonder what's going to happen next week...