• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

The Who v. Led Zeppelin

Who is better?

• I am an idiot, so the Who

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MAgnum9987

Do What Thou Wilt
I was talking to someone I guess I can call my friend, who said "the Who is 10X better than LEd Zeppelin" to which I countered, "Except Led Zeppelin is 10x Better than the Who, at least."

So, who is better, the Who, or Led Zeppelin?

His argument was that Roger Daltry and Pete Townsend were the best singer and best guitarist ever. Mine was that Robert Plant and Jimmy Page were best singer and guitarist ever. My friend said Robert Plant is perhaps the most over rated singer ever. I presided to slap him in the face. You can see how this went.....

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I don't think either one was 10x better, they were both great bands. I love them both but if I HAD to choose just one, and this is tough, I would have to go with Zepplin.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
apples to oranges, man.

I like them both equally, but I will say that at least The Who wrote their own songs and didn't plagiarize Robert Johnson.

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
Led Zepplin is the greatest rock and roll band EVER! Period

End of story.

Thread closed :lol:

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
That's not even their best song, Dan.

I really don't see how you guys can compare these two groups. It's like asking which team was better - the 1968 Detroit Tigers or the 2002 Detroit Red Wings. Both chock full of hall of famers, but two completely different entities.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
It comes to preference in the end, both of these bands were talented in there own way. In my personal opinion, I believe that Led Zeppelin is the better band, but I wouldn't say that they're ten times better than The Who.

My favorite song from Zeppelin is Dazed and Confused, incredible song.

I had a feeling that you would bring up the plagirism thing Jeanie about Robert Johnson. It's like the whole thing where Holmes is suing Page for stealing/plagerising his song, 40 years or so after it was released.

Last edited:

MAgnum9987

Do What Thou Wilt
apples to oranges, man.

I like them both equally, but I will say that at least The Who wrote their own songs and didn't plagiarize Robert Johnson.
Led Zeppelin covered only a couple Robert Johnson songs. The Who weren't 100% original either.

I don't think its fair to judge anyone because they covered someone. You'll find VERY few people who didn't. The only one band I can think of is the Beatles.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MenInTights Breaking News 2
Babe_Ruth Music 0
MAgnum9987 Bathroom Wall 5
MAgnum9987 Music 4
Babe_Ruth Music 31