The WCW thread

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Millz, Mar 30, 2008.

1. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

I'm not sure if this thread will take off or not but this is designed to talk about the old WCW days. I admit I was a pretty big WCW fan back in the day and would watch it and Raw equally on occasion.

Right now I can't stop listening to Chris Benoit, Eddie Guerrero, and Chris Jericho's old theme music on youtube. Classics!

2. Ziggy

Ziggy Sup?

I only caught the ending to WCW and have only seen a few classics, but it was in higher quality then WWF in some reguards, except NwO, i don't care what enyone thinks there is no way NWO would punk out The four horseman on that many occassions.

3. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I loved WcW, it was great, I was a huge fan of Goldberg, so I loved his gimmick, I know he wasn't a great wrestler but he put on a hell of a show, which I love. NWO was pretty amazing, but I hated that by the end of WCW almost every was on NWO.

The most shocking thing I've ever seen from WCW was seeing Hogan turning into a heel, because you always picture him as a face in the business. Overall WCW was great and miss it.

4. Ziggy

Ziggy Sup?

He turned heel because the fans hated him always winning.

5. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

I never could get into the WCW storylines. If the WWF was on commercial I might have tried to watch it. It just never seemed to hold my interest long enough.

6. Ziggy

Ziggy Sup?

They had alot of talent on their roster but the WWF writing team at that time were much better and didn't have hogan ruining everything.

7. Millz

That heel turn at Bash at the Beach will go down as one of the greatest moments in wrestling history.

8. generalblue

generalblue Where is my Queen?

WCW was a great company but they never used there talent efficient enough to put on a good show. There was alot of classic matches like Chris Benoit vs Eddie Guerro. Mysterio vs Eddie. But they never had a good world champion except for Sting and Flair. They never pushed the mid carders to the main event level. It was always the same old fossils winning that damn title which I believe it killed WCW. Oh yeah, the NWO didn't help things out.

9. Millz

Well said. Nash, Hogan and Hall pretty much controlled everything that went on and booked their own matches.

I loved the cruiserweight division WCW had. I think that was the best part of their telecasts. Heel Jericho fucking owned.

The NWO was nice for a while but it eventually got old and it seemed like everybody was in it.

10. Kratzenkov16

Kratzenkov16 Registered Member

they eventually pushed Benoit but it was too late with him.

WCW's cruiserweights was better than their heavyweight because it was more enjoyable

i mean please, DDP and Lex Luger? Ick