• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Sad The Ultimate Warrior dead.

wolfheart

Registered Member
I have seen reports over hear that Warrior passed away Tuesday, just after his appearance on mania 30 and his induction into the hall of fame, can anyone confirm this for me?.

Warrior was a huge favourite of mine back in the day and I loved his ring persona, if this is true it's very sad.

Just had someone confirm that the Wee has releases a press statement about his passing, he was 54 years old and left behind his wife and two daughters, a tragic loss of one the greats.
RIP Warrior.

Last edited:

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
I just heard this also. It's very sad if true, one of my favorites as a kid. May he RIP and my thoughts and prayers are with him and his family.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
The Ultimate Warrior is the single biggest reason I became a wrestling fan. You were either a Hogan guy or a Warrior guy and I was a Warrior guy. I still have my Warrior wrestling buddy and all his action figures. I'll probably buy one of his shirts off wwe.com.

The timing of this has me in an utter stage of shock...I am dumbfounded. Saturday he goes into the Hall of Fame after almost 20 years of bad blood between him and Vince. Sunday he's at Wrestlemania 30; his first since Mania 12. Monday night he's on RAW for the first time in 18 years. And now he's dead.

I am happy he and Vince and the WWE and a lot of wrestlers were able to forgive and forget before this happened. He got a lot of closure in his life before this happened.

That doesn't make it harder to understand though. RIP.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
I couldn't agree more, at least a lot of past problems were put in the past and he died knowing he was going into the Hall. It's true, it's still a hard blow, but it does make it somewhat easier. I was a Hogan guy growing up, but I loved and respected the Warrior as well.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yeah for sure. If this had happened before he could get inducted and make all those amends that would be an even harder pill to swallow.

He made comments on RAW too talking about how every man takes their last breath and all this...hearing those words again are really chilling.

wolfheart

Registered Member
I was a warrior fan from the first time I saw him, he was so much more than what I was used to seeing, his gorilla press was something that I always loved, he was just fantastic to watch.
It is both sad and touching that he was put into the hall of fame only to pass a short time later.
I think I will dig out some of my old tapes tonight and watch the manl in action.

Last edited:

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Sounds like he suffered a massive heart attack. Eye witnesses say he clutchd his chest before going to the ground and he was sweating all weekend.

Shame but if its not drugs or alcohol related that will be a good thing.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Sounds like he suffered a massive heart attack. Eye witnesses say he clutchd his chest before going to the ground and he was sweating all weekend.

Shame but if its not drugs or alcohol related that will be a good thing.
If he was on the 'roids like a lot of the stars of his era his heart could have given out from it. He was so young. This reminds me of Eddie Guerrero's death way too much.

ReasontoBelieve

Registered Member
I was a Hulk Hogan guy, Big John Studd and Andre the Giantthat got me motivated into wrestling. I really believe when the Ultimate Warrior came on the scene he would do just as well. This jumping back and forth off the ropes always getting the crowds excited and putting on a great show.

I think Ultimate Warrior was an inspiration to fans and real athletes as well.
Here is a more full detailed story and video to watch from Raw..

Ultimate Warrior Dead -- WWE Legend James Hellwig Dies at 54 | TMZ.com

WWE says The Ultimate Warrior dead at 54

Last edited:

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
If he was on the 'roids like a lot of the stars of his era his heart could have given out from it. He was so young. This reminds me of Eddie Guerrero's death way too much.
Yep, he sure was. He was fired in 1992 for roids and I'm sure he took them the majority of his wrestling career. Probably a decade or so.

So yeah, that's probably what we're dealing with here sadly.