The truth about Santa Claus

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ysabel, Nov 24, 2008.

1. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Were you made to believe that version of Santa who you can write to, make requests, so he can leave you gifts under the tree on Christmas Eve if you've been a nice kid?

When did you find out the "truth" about Santa (or whatever version you have of Santa right now)?

PS. Sorry if this thread spoils something to some members. :lol:
    ---------

2. Xeilo

Xeilo Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I was made to believe he was real, it was only until I started to go to school that my parents told me.

3. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

sorry, Alex, it's true. :-/

Yeah I believed in that Santa but I don't remember how or when I found out the truth.

4. EndWinterRomance

EndWinterRomance PREGGERS

i just figured it out on my own really..... i never cared to much if he was real, i was just always excited to give my family presents. i cant ever remember having a fight in school if he was real or not or anything like that. i just kind of knew that he wasnt i guess. weird

5. viLky

viLky ykLiv

I never wrote to Santa. We just went to the mall, I sat on his lap and told him what I wanted for Christmas. I don't even re-call if "Santa" delivered or not, 'cuz I don't remembered what I asked for. :hah:

Anywho, yeah, I believed until I got older. The age? I don't remember. O_O;

6. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

last year :nod:

ysabel likes this.
  7. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

I believed in Santa until I saw my Drunk uncle trying to put the presents under the tree dressed as Santa (he fell into the tree and lost his beard). I was about 8 or so then I began to notice all the Christmas commercials on TV and put it all together, it took my older brother two more years to put it all together (kind of slow isn't he).

My older son Ien has just figured it out this year from all the TV commercials too, but he promised that he would not spoil it for his younger brother who is starting to get the idea of Santa and Christmas.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2008
    Bliss and ysabel like this.
  8. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I think I was 7. My mom and I went out of town to celebrate Christmas Eve with her friends. I have asked her if Santa knew we were not at home and would deliver the gifts where we are. At that time we stayed up late, waiting for midnight, then we have midnight meals and open our gifts.

A few minutes before midnight, my mom asked me to get out of the house and play with the other kids outside waiting for "midnight". I didn't really feel like going out to play but she insisted. Anyway, I went out, got bored with the games, got back in, and I saw her wrapping some gifts including a nice set of pens, then she put it inside the socks with my name on it. I pretended not to see, I went out again. Then later, when it was time to open gifts, mom told me that Santa passed and left me a gift inside the socks. It was the box of pen set I saw her wrapping earlier.

That's when I realised who Santa was. But the thing is, I'm sure she's doing it for me. To make Christmas exciting for me. The fact I know that Santa wasn't there didn't really spoil it for me. I think she would have been more disappointed knowing I know about it now. So I didn't call her out and made her believe that I still believe what's she's saying. :hah: It's the opposite...how will the child reveal to the parent? I don't remember the age when I found the courage to tell her.

Bliss likes this.
  9. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

Yeah I believed in Santa. I don't remember how I found out or at what age, but it must have been fairly young because as soon as I found out, I broke the news to my cousin who is a couple years older than me and she burst in to tears calling me a liar :lol: Then I got told off by her mum/my aunty :lol: Good times.

I also remember trying to wait up to see Santa come in my room with a stocking every single Christmas, but I never lasted very long, so I never saw my parents doing it let alone santa lol

10. fragile

fragile Registered Member

I was made to believe that there was a Santa, but they didn't take it too far. So I don't remember a traumatic moment when the bubble bursted.
    Can't really recall any special Christmas memories that involves Santa either. Hmmm.