• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Scary The true threat of COVID-19

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
The COVID crisis has been disrupting lives, economies, and business profits for long enough now that the push to reopen everything and get back to pre-COVID status is strong and people and governments are starting to buckle under the pressure. This has even lead many to back the conspiracy theorists evangelizing that the threat posed by the virus has been greatly blown out of proportion. The threat is very real. Some are saying that the mortality rate of COVID-19 is 0.03% (the same as the flu) but even if this were true (which the published numbers don't support) the infection rate of COVID-19 is double that of influenza. The COVID conspiracy theorists say that mortality numbers are inflated because they include people with COVID dying from pre-existing conditions, not the virus. I have damaged lungs from extensive second hand smoke exposure and if I end up with COVID and die from it (which would be a likely outcome due to my lung damage) it won't be my damaged lungs that kill me, but the virus ripping them apart at the cellular level. And another thing the foil hatters don't get is that COVID-19 doesn't just attack the lungs, but damages other organs as well. Many who recover from the virus end up with severe kidney damage and many will require dialysis. So do I think it's a good idea, at or just after the infection rate has peaked to begin opening up everything and letting folks believe this disease is (as Rush Limbaugh put it) "just the sniffles"? Um, no, really I don't.

Are the conspiracy theorists wrong on all points? No. Globalization combined with corporate greed and public complacency has indeed lead to many countries outsourcing critical needs (like medical and protective equipment) to the lowest bidder (China) to the extent that it is giving that country way to much power, particularly in times of crisis. We do need to become more self sufficient in areas related to medicine, energy production, food production, and waste management. But is China already in a position to become the New World Order? No. Not THIS time.

This virus kills, even young healthy adults are not safe, and those with pre-existing health issues and/or compromised immunity are at extreme risk. Please practice social distancing, sanitation, and isolation measures during this time and even for some time after a vaccine is available. Not everyone is going to be able to get vaccinated overnight. I know this all sucks the big one but we need to hang in there. All of us.

Last edited:

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
Its hard to know what to believe when consenting voices get banned.
Alex Jones is one thing, but front-line doctors who have a different opinion than WHO are get taken off youtube and facebook. why? Who made WHO god?

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Back in January, WHO said it can’t be passed from person to person. They said a mask doesn’t help at all. I also find it interesting that doctors are silenced. That there is money to be made by a death being attributed to COVID. That it looks like most testing positive were staying at home and were quarantined.

A buddy of mine tested positive. He went to Vegas in February. He ended up passing it on to his dad. His dad had a brain tumor. His dad died two days ago, because of his brain tumor. His death is listed as COVID, even though that wasn’t the cause of death.

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
If the virus caused a complication of that tumor then it was the vrius that killed him, even if without any medical complications he would have died soon from the tumor.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
There’s a financial benefit for it to be labeled a Coronavirus death. The tumor killed him. He was exposed to the virus because his son visited him. He was dying already.

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
Its hard to know what to believe when consenting voices get banned.
Alex Jones is one thing, but front-line doctors who have a different opinion than WHO are get taken off youtube and facebook. why? Who made WHO god?
As with vaccines, the medical community is under pressure to not go against the grain for fear of causing the public to underestimate the threat and by doing so not take appropriate action. For this reason vaccines are supposed to be considered beyond reproach and pandemic diseases are to be treated as the frikkin' plague. Personally, as one at particular risk from this virus, I'd prefer the world err on the side of caution, though I don't know if the approach being employed is necessary the correct one. The powers that be may indeed be correct in their thinking. Perhaps if things weren't exaggerated in the media at least to some degree, the public might indeed not take the threat seriously enough and things could get much, much worse very quickly. Then again, by trying to silence the truth tellers an environment of distrust may be created resulting in the same end. I personally don't think the numbers are greatly exaggerated. 3 medical workers right here in Alberta who were working with COVID-19 patients recently died of the virus, and they had no pre-existing conditions or mortality risk factors. That's too many red flags to ignore.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
As with vaccines, the medical community is under pressure to not go against the grain for fear of causing the public to underestimate the threat and by doing so not take appropriate action. For this reason vaccines are supposed to be considered beyond reproach and pandemic diseases are to be treated as the frikkin' plague. Personally, as one at particular risk from this virus, I'd prefer the world err on the side of caution, though I don't know if the approach being employed is necessary the correct one. The powers that be may indeed be correct in their thinking. Perhaps if things weren't exaggerated in the media at least to some degree, the public might indeed not take the threat seriously enough and things could get much, much worse very quickly. Then again, by trying to silence the truth tellers an environment of distrust may be created resulting in the same end. I personally don't think the numbers are greatly exaggerated. 3 medical workers right here in Alberta who were working with COVID-19 patients recently died of the virus, and they had no pre-existing conditions or mortality risk factors. That's too many red flags to ignore.
They are doing it through lie, then cover-up. That may have worked a century ago when covering up our president was in a wheelchair but it doesn't work in the 21st Century.

The lockdown was all based on the Imperial College report that said 2 million Americans would die and we needed to spread the infections out over several months so to not tax the hospitals. I don't have a journalist degree and I'm not a doctor but even I immediately knew that was complete bullshit. Any news source, doctor or politician that peddled that lie deserves to never be believed again.

We're supposed to call the Bakersfield Doctors, the Doctors In Black and the Stanford Epidemiologist conspiracy theorist and believe the doctors that sold us the "2 million will die" nonsense? No thanks.

Impaired

Registered Member
Amazing, scientists put forth theories, adjust them for changing data and they are liars.

Meanwhile the idiot president lies every time he opens mouth - pushing drugs that don't work, not wearing a mask (because he and his staff have access to tests daily. He contradicts himself at every turn, but doctors and scientists who got bad data from China (this caused the most issues with making models) - a lack of real data.

But you believe the Bakersfield doctors. Not because of science - because their opinion agrees with your.s

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
Amazing, scientists put forth theories, adjust them for changing data and they are liars.

Meanwhile the idiot president lies every time he opens mouth - pushing drugs that don't work, not wearing a mask (because he and his staff have access to tests daily. He contradicts himself at every turn, but doctors and scientists who got bad data from China (this caused the most issues with making models) - a lack of real data.

But you believe the Bakersfield doctors. Not because of science - because their opinion agrees with your.s
This is the same University that pushed the man made climate change is going to kill us in 12 years. Yes they are liars.

_--------------
It's the Trump administration that took the Imperial College report as their only source. It's the Trump administration that says we will be vaccine passports. It's the Trump administration that says Georgia opened too soon. That passed a 6 trillion dollars bill. That sounds like your idea of a good time, not mine.

The Bakersfield doctors are working in this every day and seeing the effects of the virus and the policy. The people setting the policy are academics. Yes I will believe the Backersfield doctors over Fauci.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I honestly don't know who or what to believe anymore. I know our economy is suffering and I'm afraid there will be a point of no return. I don't know how much more debt this country can take on and still survive. Don't get me wrong I don't want people dying either.

I know I will continue to be careful because of my health problems. I'm not even going to my 90 year old uncles funeral tomorrow and its killing me even though his son and wife told me not to worry about it.