• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

The True Cost of Immigration

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
National Post said:
Immigrants to Canada cost the federal government as much as $23-billion annually and “impose a huge fiscal burden on Canadian taxpayers,” according to a think-tank report released Tuesday that was immediately criticized as telling only part of the story.

The Fraser Institute report says newcomers pay about half as much in income taxes as other Canadians but absorb nearly the same value of government services, costing taxpayers roughly $6,051 per immigrant and amounting to a total annual cost of somewhere between $16.3-billion and $23.6-billion.
http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/immigrants-cost-23b-a-year-fraser-institute-report

When taking into account the displacement of jobs (and don't start with the 'nobody wants to do' nonsense) as well as the points mentioned in the article, the True cost of immigration is very high indeed. Now, I know that this country, like others, was built by immigrants, but back then everyone pulled their own weight. Today, not everyone is expected to.

... Is it really racist to suggest that charity begins at home?

- Cham

Rapier

V.I.P.
http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/immigrants-cost-23b-a-year-fraser-institute-report

When taking into account the displacement of jobs (and don't start with the 'nobody wants to do' nonsense) as well as the points mentioned in the article, the True cost of immigration is very high indeed. Now, I know that this country, like others, was built by immigrants, but back then everyone pulled their own weight. Today, not everyone is expected to.

... Is it really racist to suggest that charity begins at home?

- Cham
Immigration is the Khazarian Mafia NWO agenda to diffuse Christian opposition.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I wish it only cost us 23 billion annually. I've read it costs us upwards of 350 billion a year. Some places say less but still its too much.