The Top Secret Recipes!

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Anyone ever try out those recipe books? I've actually got a decent sized 500 page one that I've printed out and add to once in a while. There are some damn good recipes in there that I've used and will use again (and there are some I havent even the slightest interest in using.

Lots I've noticed are pretty monotonous, like how to make a McDonalds hamburger.... :hah: The ones I enjoy are the recipes from the nicer restaurants like PF Changs, Olive Garden, etc.

Bliss

Sally Twit
My mum and dad gave me a recipe book as a Christmas present once. I opened the first page and it had a step by step guide on how to make a bacon sandwich. I thought it must have been a joke for the first one but page 2 was how to make a salad! I then realised it was a recipe book for children and my mum and dad responded with "We thought we'd start you off with something a bit simple." Thanks guys!

Blueyes

Registered Member
Never seen one of these recipe books but if you happen to have the recipe for the Outback alfredo sauce they use on their chicken pasta would you mind passing that along? :)

English-Emo-Boy

Supreme System Lord
V.I.P.
My mum and dad gave me a recipe book as a Christmas present once. I opened the first page and it had a step by step guide on how to make a bacon sandwich. I thought it must have been a joke for the first one but page 2 was how to make a salad! I then realised it was a recipe book for children and my mum and dad responded with "We thought we'd start you off with something a bit simple." Thanks guys!

Can you run through the bacon sandwich recipe with me?

My cooking leaves a little to be desired.

All I can cook is the frozen packeted stuff like chicken burgers, chips, sausages and stuff like that.

I do try and follow the recipies but it always goes wrong, that's the definition of a crap cook!

Last edited:

Nixola

Boom Boom Pow!
my mum has many recipe books and i think they are all pretty good. the main one is Delia's Complete cookycourse and it think its pretty good. covers everything you could ever think of!

fragile

Registered Member
I don't know any top secret recipes, but I have a lot of recipe books. I like cooking and to try something new, but I hardly use them. Most recipes have ingredients and/or equipment that I've never even heard of, so I usually just don't bother.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I have my own recipe book, top secret! :hah:

I don't know any top secret recipes, but I have a lot of recipe books. I like cooking and to try something new, but I hardly use them. Most recipes have ingredients and/or equipment that I've never even heard of, so I usually just don't bother.
That's the downer when I get hold of a good recipe, it's when I can't find the ingredients or decent substitutes for it.

Blueyes

Registered Member
That's when you go searching on the internet for substitutes. I mean I went looking for cornstarch for a chinese recipe of chicken and broccoli and couldn't find any in the store but I knew flour was an alternative and I just had to go look to see what the equivalent was for it and right it on the recipe and let me tell you I don't need to go to the chinese restaurant now if I don't want to for this which is my favorite.

my favorite "top secret" recipe would have to be the one for mcdonalds fries. honest to god it says to slice potato's into fry shapes, add salt, bake in the oven. come on thats all fries recipes so why does mcdonalds fries taste different?! exactly