• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

The top 3 travel blogs I use to find good deals

MiketheGrinder

Registered Member
My wife and I like to travel, but like many folks today, we're on a budget. When the economy tanked, I thought our traveling days were over until I found these three blogs.
  1. Million Mile Secrets has some of the best step-by-step guides that will help you maximize your points and miles. One of my favorite posts is about using loopholes to your advantage.
  2. The Points Guy covers just about every topic imaginable with a focus on saving money.
  3. Flyer Talk which covers manufactured spending among other cost saving strategies. The site also has an amazing, active forum.
Those are the websites that I head to first when I'm searching for a travel deal or opportunity to churn points. Please share if you know any other great sites that focus on frugal travel hacks.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
These are great Mike! for the last few months I have been wanting to join the churn-baby-churn crowd but didn't know where to start. (Honestly its hard for me to get into reddit.) Thanks!

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
2 questions for you Mike,

1) Using CreditKarma as a guide, where do I need to be to start applying for the high reward cards?
2) Most of them have bonuses if you spend so much the first 90 days or wahtever. I'm not going to put 5K on a credit card in 90 days. If I ran that through my business account would the card issuer know and/or care?

MiketheGrinder

Registered Member
I wouldn't apply for a rewards card right now. Wait until something better comes along, usually closer to the holidays. Some cards will allow you to use your business account for rewards and some will not, it depends on the card. I've only got experience with personal use cards and would rack up points by using it to pay for every bill I had. Rent, school books, phone, internet, gifts, everything went on the card and I doubled dipped by buying through portals as well. Of course, that could be a potential disaster for someone who is prone to overspending or doesn't have a reliable job. Because you have to pay the entire bill off each month, or the interest incurred will eat up any benefit you were hoping to gain and will put you in debt.