The Titanic Conspiracy.

Discussion in 'Science & History' started by Westy, Feb 12, 2008.

1. Westy

Westy Registered Member

[FONT=Verdana,TimesNewRoman]There was in those days (as there practically always is) a conspiracy theory surrounding the wreck of the Titanic. Below is the conspiracy theory of the Titanic disaster:[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,TimesNewRoman]The Titanic was worth considerably more to the White Star Line as far as money went. This ship was worth quite a considerable amount more than her sister ship, the 'Olympic This was a time when the White Star Line was having considerable money problems, and Cunard was operating more ships and their ships were getting to New York faster than White Star's.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana,TimesNewRoman]The 'Olympic' did have something of a bad track record in her younger days, running aground and colliding with 'HMS Hawke' (the "Hawke incident").[/FONT]

The 'Olympic' was quite badly damaged, it would cost an awful lot more to repair it than was first thought, and, it would delay the launching of the Titanic by months. So, what could they do? They needed a reliable ship, and needed it for April 10th, 1912. With time rapidly running out they decided it would be easier to do a botch job on the 'Olympic' and concentrate on the Titanic. But it was already too late. With days to go before sailing day of her maiden voyage the Titanic was not yet ready, and the 'Olympic' was still sitting barely sea worthy in dock. It is here that the unthinkable happened. Bruce Ismay and
    J. P. Morgan, realise that if the Titanic does not go to sea on April 10th they are going to have serious money problems soon after with refunds, this was something they could simply not afford, especially when the price of coal was at an all time high due to the coal strikes. The White Star Line needed all the money and coal they could get. Getting in Captain E.J. Smith they told him the plans. They were going to cancel all other White Star Line crossings for a week surrounding the Titanic sailing, so that they would not have to pay for coal, also, those passengers affected by this would be offered a cheap ticked on Titanic so that the White Star Line made money on it. Captain Smith was paid a lot of money if, on the 5th day he would sink his ship, everyone would be safe, as they would make sure ships were in the vicinity of the accident. Smith agreed. Meanwhile in the dock, the 'Olympics' lifeboats were being offloaded and placed on the Titanic, and vice versa, any object with the Titanic's name on were put onto the 'Olympic' and again vice versa. Then, on April 10th the cheering crowds had a ship to sail on, the Titanic was ready to sail, but, it was not the Titanic, it was in fact the 'Olympic' dressed up as the Titanic. So the 'Olympic' set sail for a 5 day cruise and then she would be deliberately sunk so that the White Star Line could claim insurance on the Titanic, when in fact it was the 'Olympic' that had sunk. However, some objects were forgotten. They had forgotten to put binoculars on the 'Olympic' (the Titanic). So, on the night of April 14th - 15th, 1912, the 'Olympic' crashed in to an iceberg, just under 24 hours too early. She sank, taking 1,523 souls with her. The White Star Line now had a problem. They could claim money on the Titanic sinking but, they would have to pay a lot of it out to the bereaved. But, none the less, the White Star Line did make money out of the disaster, and, the Titanic (sailing under the name of the 'Olympic') served the company for 24 years without incident

TITANIC - A Voyage of Discovery (conspiracy)

What do you think?

Last edited: Feb 12, 2008

2. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

I think it's bullshit unless there's some sort of evidence.

Did you type this yourself? Because if you didn't you need to provide a link or it's considered plagiarism.

3. Westy

Westy Registered Member

I had seen a documentry in regard to this and wondered about its validity.
    So yes in repect to your question i looked it up. I do apologise if i have made a mistake.............

I will add a link to the original post? Thanks for pointing that out for me.

4. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Nah, I'm not attacking you, I'm just warning you because you can get an infraction for it.

No offense, I'd also like to read something about it rather than totally accept it as true from another person on the internet. I'd imagine you'd want the same, lol.

It sounds interesting though, I'd like to hear more about it.

5. Westy

Westy Registered Member

Tis ok Constantine i made a mistake i had some beer lol!

It is intriguing though i have to say, like an insurance fraud if you will.
    Would like to see if anyone else knows different, or if its in fact true or not?

6. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

I don't think it happened. The idea is way too far-fetched.

7. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Hmm. There's reasons why it would make sense, but it seems to me that it would have come out by now.. I mean there would have been people who knew about this who would have had something to say by now.

I'll stick with he Global Warming theory. The Titanic hit an iceberg and sunk. We then decided we better warm up the place so get rid of such dangerous objects in the sea. ;)

8. Westy

Westy Registered Member

People keep shit under wraps for years, I saw a documentry on this subject and although it was probably good tv i think that its a possibility?

9. ExpectantlyIronic

ExpectantlyIronic e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑

Does this thread have anything to do with Maddox? If not, it does now.

10. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

Hahahaha. That was one of his April's Fools jokes, wasn't it?