Movies The Time Traveller's Wife

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I saw this in theatre... I didnt mind it. I mean I think the only thing that really took away from the flick was the fact that you know the ending of it at the midpoint of it. Personally I'm kinda sick of the depressing movies and would have hoped they'd give a more uplifting ending than what was provided... but heh, whatever works I guess.

Rachal McAdams was great IMO, I seriously believe she's one of Hollywoods top actresses right now.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Thanks for the input guys.

icegoat, it's the same in the book, that you know midway what the end is.
I figured that much. So for that I'll give the movie credit for sticking true to the book in that sense.

However I'm still not a big fan of the way it ended. I suppose in sad times I dont want to see sad movies, hahaha call me a simpleton if you must but I much would have preferred to see them change fate.

Puck

Registered Member
I thoroughly enjoyed the book but the movie just didn't do anything for me.
Rachel McAdams was excellent in it, but other than that, I thought it fell short of my expectations. :dunno:

Boredie

In need of Entertainment
I know what you mean. The first time I ever read the book I kept hoping that it'd end "happily ever after". But the fact that it didn't made it better in a way.

And btw, I missed the airing of it by a week in the cinema. :( I'll have to wait for the dvd to come out.
------
I thoroughly enjoyed the book but the movie just didn't do anything for me.
Rachel McAdams was excellent in it, but other than that, I thought it fell short of my expectations. :dunno:
What were you expecting? What didn't you like?
I'd like to hear your experience.

Last edited:

Puck

Registered Member
What were you expecting? What didn't you like?
I'd like to hear your experience.
I think I was just expecting it to feel more like the book.
I went with someone who had not read the book, but was interested in the story itself. She ended up falling asleep...
It just didn't captivate me the way the book did. I could feel all of the emotions and sadness and pain in the characters in the book and went through the crazy rollercoaster with them, but the movie just didn't have that spark.
Plus, they changed parts that would probably be pretty informative to someone who knew nothing of the book.
I'm usually alright with book to film adaptions, but this one just fell extremely short, for me anyway.
As I said, I think I was just expecting too much.

All of that being said; watch it and form an opinion of your own, you may like it, who knows?

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I watched the movie but not read the book so I can't make a comparison between the two. I liked the movie though. I can almost ignore the loopholes on some aspects of the whole timetravel thing.

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
I really liked the concept of his inability to control his time travelling so I might get on well with the book but I found the film to be a bit weak. The characters were spread a bit too thin and I just couldn't make myself like it or really care. My house mate is a massive fan of the book and she was very disatisfied with the way it was adapted.