The "Tickle Me Elmo" of Christmas 2007

Discussion in 'Shopping' started by Mirage, Oct 29, 2007.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

So, what's the news this year on the "must have" toy that every kid wants? I haven't heard anything yet, but, I'm sure there is one.

Could it possibly be the Nintendo Wii? It's still not available in any stores over a year after it was launched...

Otherwise I wouldn't have a clue what the popular toy of this Christmas will be. I'd like to find out though so I can... um, get one for.. myself.

(Ok maybe for the good people on eBay) :D

2. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

The Wii is a definite possibility, they have been sold out for almost a year now, I never would have expected the Wii to sell so much, I knew that it was good but not this good, with Nintendo rising even more in power in the gameing market XBOX and Playstation are declining fast, I have no doubt that XBOX will stay in business though, but I'm not sure about Playstation after that $800,000,000 loss, that's not recoverable even with that playstations being $600 a piece, SONY might just quit because they were successful before they got into the gaming market.

I wish I had a Wii...

3. MenInTights

MenInTights not a plastic bag

I have pondered this and think maybe Flip Video.

It is a very quality product, very good price and they are a start up company. If it catches on, it could fly. Its somewhat of a long shot at this point.

Flip Video

4. Mirage

Interesting find Spence. That's not a bad little gadget for under $200. Not bad at all. Beats a camera phone for sure and is easily one of the most affordable and most portable "hobby" video cameras I've seen.

I'll have to keep an eye on this one. Could very well be a big success this holiday season. :D

5. Gwiz

Gwiz Registered Member

I'm not sure myself. The Wii might be in, heard that they are making another 3 million consoles but in terms of the market today. that's very little. They so far made 9 million consoles so far. The Ipod will always be veyr popular during the holiday season. We will see what will be the hto toy or gizmo this holiday season.

6. MenInTights

I would love to have a Flip and am considering buying it now in case they do sell out. I always want to take videos, but dread carrying around the little bag with the camera in it and then trying to copy it into a computer. What a pain.

7. Teorropy

Teorropy Registered User

You know I am not sure either, I thought that everybody knew what was most wanted by now.

Maybe they really don't have just one, maybe they have a lot of toys that people really want.

I want almost all the toys you guys mentioned for Christmas.

Of course, my little one wants the Hannah Montannah barbie doll.

My wife wants the Wii, I want the Xbox 360.

8. Dragon

Dragon Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

9. Mirage

I'm still waiting for Philburry to make a "Tickle Me Doughboy" doll. I'm sure it wouldn't be very popular but it would be funny as a gag gift. :D

10. MenInTights

If you want to find "it", Gnop is on to something. Hannah Montana stuff is going to fly off the shelf.