Movies The Three Stooges

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Babe_Ruth, Mar 25, 2009.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

This could be very funny, especially if they get Jim Carrey to play Curly. I've always been a fan of the television show, I know it's extremely stupid but it's very entertaining.

Thoughts on this upcoming movie?

2. Dragon

Dragon Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I would definately like to see this movie when it comes out. I enjoy watching the three stooges all the time when it was on tv. The antics are just hilarious. It's going to be interesting seeing how Jim Carey is going to look like with 40 extra pounds on him. Why not have Larry the Cable guy play the role?

3. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I think Jim Carrey would make it pretty good. I'm impressed that he wants to gain 40 lbs for the role. That reminds me of what Tom Hanks did for Castaway.

I don't know much about Benicio Del Toro so hopefully he will play a good Moe. As for Sean Penn playing Larry, I've only seen him in serious movies so I don't know how this would work out.

The Three Stooges is a great idea for a movie though. It's a guaranteed money maker and if they do it right they can do a trilogy out of it with three movies.

4. ATARIGUY

ATARIGUY Beermister

I am a huge 3 stooges fan and good luck finding people to portray them and if they don't find suitable look alikes then I won't bother watching the movie and the actors mentioned above would be horrible as any of the stooges.

I watched a 3 stooges documentary on A&E and IMHO the actor who played Larry was a dead ringer in looks and voice even the actor who played MOE wasn't to bad but please NOT the actors mentioned in the first post !!!

5. Babe_Ruth

Why not Atari, I think Penn is a great actor and he can play any role that he puts his mind into in my opinion. Also Jim Carrey can pull anything off, so something like this would not be a challenge for him. I haven't seen the documentry, but I'll definitely look into it.

6. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I like The Three Stooges but I'm not sure about a movie. I don't think it could ever do the show justice. I'm not a big Jim Carrey fan either.

7. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

I'd go and watch this...one of my favorite tv shows of all time. I'm sure it couldnt be as good as the original but still fun.

8. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

Now the alphabet song from that show is stuck in my head.

B-A bay
    B-E bee
    B-I bicki bi
    B-O bo
    bicki bi bo
    B-U boo
    bicki bi bo boo

I used to have old videos with the Stooges on it. I didn't like the Shemp ones though.

I don't really like Sean Penn and hope he's not casted.

9. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2009
  10. Babe_Ruth

That's to bad, if Jim Carrey isn't in the movie I doubt I'll go watch it even though I'm a pretty big fan of The Three Stooges. No offense to the others that were slated to play in this movie, but Carrey was the one who could of made this movie an epic one.