• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies The Three Muskateers w/ Orlando Bloom

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Just heard about this right now. Looks like it could be good. It's definitely a different take on the classic story. What do you think?

YouTube - ‪The Three Musketeers (2011) Trailer 1‬‏

It has somewhat of a Jerry Bruckheimer feel to it. It's also good to see Orlando Bloom has found himself a sword fighting role again.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I'll definitely be seeing this...this is the first I've heard of it, actually. Pretty much every movie I've seen with the Musketeers plot in the background I've always enjoyed a lot.

It is an interesting twist on everything, it almost reminds me of Van Helsing from 2004 vs. the original telling of Dracula stories in movies like Bram Stoker's Dracula. This has that same amped-up adventurous feel, change in technology/characters, etc. I didn't mind Van Helsing, but this looks a lot better. It should be a lot of fun.

My only trepidation from watching the trailer for the first time is that the actor playing d'Artagnan looks a little sketchy on acting skills.

I also sometimes hate how modern movies like this will use British accents for all Europeans (that's how it's always been for a lot of movies, I know), yet d'Artagnan has an American one. I doubt they'll be making him an American character, but I guess that it's possible. Just kind of annoying, but not a big deal for a fun movie like this.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
the Women in my life are big Orlando Bloom fans. So chances are they (my mom and kim) will drag me to the Theatres for this one.

I think its a little over the top, I dunno how well its gonna fare with the story. Obviously I'm sure it'll do fine.... but I hope it doesnt just try to rely on Bloom to carry the Film because its an "Orlando Bloom film".

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
the Women in my life are big Orlando Bloom fans. So chances are they (my mom and kim) will drag me to the Theatres for this one.

I think its a little over the top, I dunno how well its gonna fare with the story. Obviously I'm sure it'll do fine.... but I hope it doesnt just try to rely on Bloom to carry the Film because its an "Orlando Bloom film".
Part of me doesn't think that it will be that way...because, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think that he was one of the actual Musketeers. He might have a prominent role, but still...

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Part of me doesn't think that it will be that way...because, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think that he was one of the actual Musketeers. He might have a prominent role, but still...
totally totally... but when I see the film billed as; "The Three Muskateers w/Orlando Bloom"... you have to expect that people are gonna automatically let Bloom's shadow take over... even though he isnt even one of the Lead guys.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I wasn't even sure who was a Muskateer and who wasn't. One thing is for sure, Orlando Bloom is by far the biggest on the poster, although he looks a lot different than he normally does. The Spanish gotee is throwing me off. :lol:

I'm a little surprised to see so many new faces here though. The only two I even recognize from the poster are Orlando Bloom and Milla Jovovich.

Dabs

Registered Member
It does look interesting, and movies such as this one, usually don't catch my eye. Of course, having Orlando Bloom aboard sure doesn't hurt matters any :)

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
totally totally... but when I see the film billed as; "The Three Muskateers w/Orlando Bloom"... you have to expect that people are gonna automatically let Bloom's shadow take over... even though he isnt even one of the Lead guys.
Maybe he plays a villain? Milla Jovovich is a villain and most big blockbusters don't attempt to have a sole female villain. He actually looks a bit villainous in the poster.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
In the trailer the showed Bloom after mentioning the British and their air fleet (or whatever it is), so I think that he plays a central role with commanding that. It looked like he and d'Artagnan were allies at one point in the trailer (sitting at a table and someone started firing a cannon into the window).

He could be a villain, or one of those "villains that goes good." I have no idea, :lol:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I cannot really stand Orlando Bloom, I hated him so much in Troy, especially at the end of the movie.

I've always been a Three Muskateers fan, but this might be a rental for me. I wasn't blown away from the trailer, and it does seem like it's going to be over the top like it was mentioned earlier in this thread. Maybe if Bloom wasn't in this movie I would be more excited about it, but because he is I ain't.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K NFL 1
StroShow NFL 1
Babe_Ruth Baseball 7
Babe_Ruth Baseball 5
Babe_Ruth Baseball 2