the thing I don't understand about conservatives (liberals) is..

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
Thread idea I've had for awhile. Basically a thread to ask conservatives or liberals the things you don't get about their viewpoint.
Conservative and liberal are tough words to define but I'm using the Republican party platform and the Democrat platform as guides.
Not looking for fights just answers to questions that I don't understand and looking to clear up questions others have.

The thing I don't understand about liberals is how can you support not only abortion but the most dramatic abortions. The last 2 President nominees have supported late tem and beyond abortions. I don't understand if you don't see that as human life or don't care.

Please feel free to respond to my question or ask your own.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I agree with you about abortion, MIT, but I also don't understand how we cling to Keynesian economics so much. It's been tried and has failed for over 80 years now, yet we continue to accept it, and reject Mises and Friedman, and the Austrian school economics. I just don't get it.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
Yeah it's foolish to say the government has to keep money flowing in today's world. I could make a fb post that says will cut grass for $25 and make 100 bucks easy. It's not necessary anymore. I use the word conservative loosely. I'm not sure what conservative and liberal means anymore.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
I think it is the private choice of the parents(more so the woman) , given their individual circumstances, whether to abort any fetus.
I get that I just don't think it applies to abortion. Particularly late tem. Will be happy to expand the "conservative" thought but not interested in making this an abortion debate or any one specific debate.

Another thing I don't get from liberals is the opposition to a border wall. I'm so confused about this I literally cannot think of a single reason to oppose it.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't see how anyone could be okay with a late term abortion. I have a hard time being okay with abortion in the first couple of months but I realize there may be legitimate reasons to do so.

I don't understand why the left doesn't want to do something about illegal immigration. Across the border and overstayed visas. It seems they are against anything that would even slow it down.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Personally, about abortions, I've always believed this is up to those it concerns to choose to go forward with it or not. One of my friends got an abortion at 17 because her dad didn't approve of her relationship with her then-boyfriend and he was somehow pretty strict. Very few of us knew about it and her father and stepmother probably never knew about it. So, in that regard, especially if there is a health risk for the mother, it is perfectly understandable to choose abortion. Although I'm against it when it comes to let's say you find out that your baby will be born with trisomia (my cousin is trisomic but his parents only found out when he was born).

In the particular case of the border wall, it was pretty clear from the start that you guys would end up having to pay for it, even if Trump tries his damndest to have the Mexican government pay for it. It's one thing to protect your borders and the security of your country but make sure you act with diplomacy rather than insult the other countries with bigotry & racism. And while it's understandable to preach for your own choir, Trump's obsession with protectionism will end up biting each of you in the ass at some point.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
Personally, about abortions, I've always believed this is up to those it concerns to choose to go forward with it or not. One of my friends got an abortion at 17 because her dad didn't approve of her relationship with her then-boyfriend and he was somehow pretty strict. Very few of us knew about it and her father and stepmother probably never knew about it. So, in that regard, especially if there is a health risk for the mother, it is perfectly understandable to choose abortion. Although I'm against it when it comes to let's say you find out that your baby will be born with trisomia (my cousin is trisomic but his parents only found out when he was born).

In the particular case of the border wall, it was pretty clear from the start that you guys would end up having to pay for it, even if Trump tries his damndest to have the Mexican government pay for it. It's one thing to protect your borders and the security of your country but make sure you act with diplomacy rather than insult the other countries with bigotry & racism. And while it's understandable to preach for your own choir, Trump's obsession with protectionism will end up biting each of you in the ass at some point.
I'm no fan of economic protectionism either. Do you think that's where the opposition is? I would be surprised if that's true but like I said I really don't understand the objection.

AmericanMusic

Registered Member
I used to vote and used to support Republicans. I guess over the past couple of years I want to be called a just choose the best candidate kind of voter. Although abortion is one important issue there are also many issues that have to be considered on who should be president. Now correct me if I'm wrong. But Donald trump is Republican and I read he supports abortion.

Now I can see MeninTights why you are asking this question. If Republicans are supporting the same thing that the Democrats are how are we to know who to vote for? I thought that Christians reflected the Republican views. But Arnold past govenor of Calif Republican supported gay rights.
While Christians should love people no matter what lifestyle Christians however should not make laws that support that lifestyle knowing it goes against the Lord.

So you see MeninTights if both parties believe and do the same thing then how can 1 choose one party over the other?
This is why I'm considering them an individual instead of a party. MeninTights I know you're a Christian and these are the things that Jesus told us would happen in the last days. This scripture is for only that want to read...
2 Timothy 3
The Last Days
3 Remember this! In the last days there will be many troubles, 2 because people will love themselves, love money, brag, and be proud. They will say evil things against others and will not obey their parents or be thankful or be the kind of people God wants. 3 They will not love others, will refuse to forgive, will gossip, and will not control themselves. They will be cruel, will hate what is good, 4 will turn against their friends, and will do foolish things without thinking. They will be conceited, will love pleasure instead of God, 5 and will act as if they serve God but will not have his power. Stay away from those people. 6 Some of them go into homes and get control of silly women who are full of sin and are led by many evil desires. 7 These women are always learning new teachings, but they are never able to understand the truth fully. 8 Just as Jannes and Jambres were against Moses, these people are against the truth. Their thinking has been ruined, and they have failed in trying to follow the faith. 9 But they will not be successful in what they do, because as with Jannes and Jambres, everyone will see that they are foolish.

Biblegateway New Century Version