• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies The Terminator

Iris

rainbow 11!
I love the movies, honestly. I really wish they would finish it, or that Arnold hadn't turned to politics before finishing the series. :/ I thought the last one was the best movie by far.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I like them.

I think the second & fourth films were the best.

Although Arnold makes a better villain, for some reason I just didn't care for the first one. The second one is a classic & one of the best action films ever made. Three could've been great, it had a hot female terminator, but it was corny as shit. Still watchable but definitely the worst of the bunch. I didn't have high hopes for the fourth but it gave the second a run for its money. I liked the actors & the story & seeing an old-school Arnold terminator was cool.

I'm looking forward to the next one, if it's ever made.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I disliked the first one, but loved the 2nd. The last one or two...can't remember how many lol were just ok.

Terminator 2 always stood out for me, and I always thought it was the best one.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm a fan of all of them actually. I thought the last one was fantastic, but not because of Christian Bale, I thought Sam Worthington stole the show in that movie, he did such an outstanding job.

A lot of people knock on the third one, but I thought it was highly entertaining with lots of action. The girl made a good villain in my opinion.

I wouldn't be surprised if Arnie made another one to be honest, especially since he's out of politics and making movies once again.

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
The first and second Terminator films were historical for two very distinct and very different reasons.

The Terminator

When this was released this was one of the best usage of CGI from the time but unlike a lot of films today as good as it was it was not all that it was about. The Terminator is always seen as one of the best Sci-Films up there with Alien, Predator, Robocop etc but for me this wasn't purely a Sci-Film but a Sci-Film allegorical in twined Horror film, I know it might sound odd but for me this very much owed a debt to the likes of Halloween, Friday the 13th and many other horror films that came before it. This Terminator was a monster that could not be killed, he didn't care who got killed in the process as long as he carried out his mission, to quote Kyle Reese:

Listen, and understand. That terminator is out there. It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead.
That is Michael Myres, that is Jason, that is Freddy, an unstoppable force that is after Sarah Conner for reasons she doesn't even believe until the very end when The Terminator shows it true colours for all the world to see. Other examples are when he goes to the phone book, Kyle Reese knows a little bit about Sarah Conner, The Terminator might but as far as he is concerned he will kill every Sarah Conner in the book because he will eventually get to the right one, because he won't stop until he does.

Terminator II: Judgement Day (or Judgment day in the American Spelling)

This was James Cameron’s setting out with The Terminator and indeed Sarah Conner only now we get to see Sarah sons who was mentioned in the first one and at this point Sarah is locked away because of the events in the first film except no-one believed her.

T2 was very much for me Cameron flexing his humor arm. Whilst Terminator was very much a serious piece with no laughs because it just wasn't appropriate this film has a lot more humor about it, the film itself is less violent than the first but that is no bad thing and the T-1000 is simply amazing. I don't like to go on about CGI because for me it can take away from a story line rather than help a film (are you listening Cameron? Please take note of this before you make Avatar 2) but in this case the affects were just insane if only because of the final battle. It does also help that Robert Patrick did a superb job as a evil sinister bad guy in this film, those eyes, that smile, you just wouldn't trust him and that for me is almost why I like him. Sorry Matrix fans, the T-1000 is far better than Agent Smith will ever be.

I am going to pass on Terminator Three as I never actually saw it.

Terminator Salvation

After well over twenty years since its original release a genius in Hollywood decided that more money was to be made in the Terminator franchise and so out came Terminator Salvation. Now the first this could have and should have been a great film despite the fact that McGeeeeeeee (that is how your pronounce it) was involved, it had a good cast, it had good potential and I couldn't tell you what went wrong with this film as such, I hate slamming this film because its clear they were trying to do something original with it and almost ignoring Terminator lore in affect almost creating a new franchise but the film was just so wet, the actor was bad, the script was predictable and the "secret" as to who the terminator was? I figured it out within the first five minutes and then they have this HUGE reveal, er, we knew about it already?

I may sound very angry about this film and frankly I am, it is the only film that at the end involuntarily made me should "ARE YOU SHITTING ME?! IS THAT IT?!", the problem is I hate ragging on this film because I like the first two so much, if anything I am pleased this film was made because it reminds me so much of what was so right about the first one.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
I loved the first and the second one. Those two are by far my favorite. With the third one, I loved the addition of the Terminatrix but I dunno, the movie didn't really do it for me. I felt like they had a boat load of potential, but somewhere along the lines, they dropped the ball. I straight up hated the fourth one. In fact, I hated it so much, I didn't even bother watching it. No Arnold? No thanks. (CGI Arnold doesn't count.)

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I'm obsessed with Sarah Connor. Terminator 2 is one of my favourite movies ever because of the scene when Saraha Connor escapes the mental asylum. I LOVE that scene so much. It's one of my all time favourite movie scenes. I also loved the TV series Sarah Connor Chronicles.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I straight up hated the fourth one. In fact, I hated it so much, I didn't even bother watching it. No Arnold? No thanks. (CGI Arnold doesn't count.)
You should give it a chance. Even without Arnold it's better than that corny third one. Trust me, I'd never steer you wrong. Ha.

I also loved the TV series Sarah Connor Chronicles.
Me too. It's a shame it got axed after only two seasons, especially with the way the second season ended. I'm still waiting for the movie to finish things off. Haha.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Yeah it's a shame it was axed Kons, such a great show, really underrated and under appreciated I think. It had such great storylines. And it had such an intense ending! I was so angry when it finished there too. It was just setting up for this great plot and it finished.