• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

The Team 3D break-up

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
So last week on iMPACT, after their "goodbye," Brother Ray assaulted Brother Devon. I guess we'll be seeing a feud out of this, should be interesting.

Brother Ray's explanation on ReACTION had to do with the fact that they lost the match, that he was pissed at Devon for that and that they should have left on top with the TNA Tag Titles.

Brother Ray is great as a heel, and Devon is easier for the fans to get behind in this situation...what would you like to see out of this feud? Are you glad it's happening, or do you think it's a bad idea?

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
JUST RETIRE ALREADY. Honestly, this is something Russo would write. It is absolutely stupid. Damn you Russo. Really stupid.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
JUST RETIRE ALREADY. Honestly, this is something Russo would write. It is absolutely stupid. Damn you Russo. Really stupid.
Thanks for the thoughtful contribution... :rolleyes:

How about some reasons that you don't enjoy the storyline?

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Well wasn't this storyline already brewing before EV2 returned? If I remember correctly... it did. It was already stale for me. I know I was short in my previous post, but they do need to retire. This tag team turning on each other schtick is done WAYYYY too much.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
Thanks for the thoughtful contribution... :rolleyes:

How about some reasons that you don't enjoy the storyline?
Sorry Unity, but I don't really see this going anywhere. We have seen this before in WWE, and now TNA. This is a repeat. I really hope that this time around that they put some intensity into this feud. We know that the WWE doesn't know how to break tag teams apart, so I am going to pretend that WWE feud didn't happen and see what TNA can offer. TNA can afford to lose a tag team here and there and still have a strong Tag Division. I really hope they get really personal with this feud, but I don't expect to see any classics out of it.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Well from what I remember when they broke up in WWE they just went their own way really quickly, it was due to the draft.

They tried to do it in TNA recently and scrapped it before the Hardcore Justice PPV.

I like the angle now of Brother Ray saying Devon is too weak, I think the feud can go well. Brother Ray is bringing the intensity so far.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
Well from what I remember when they broke up in WWE they just went their own way really quickly, it was due to the draft.

They tried to do it in TNA recently and scrapped it before the Hardcore Justice PPV.

I like the angle now of Brother Ray saying Devon is too weak, I think the feud can go well. Brother Ray is bringing the intensity so far.
Brother Ray is a great heel, and I for one is sort of looking forward to this feud. I really hope they don't bring Spike into the mix. :lol: That would suck things up.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Sorry Unity, but I don't really see this going anywhere. We have seen this before in WWE, and now TNA. This is a repeat. I really hope that this time around that they put some intensity into this feud. We know that the WWE doesn't know how to break tag teams apart, so I am going to pretend that WWE feud didn't happen and see what TNA can offer. TNA can afford to lose a tag team here and there and still have a strong Tag Division. I really hope they get really personal with this feud, but I don't expect to see any classics out of it.
I fully agree! TNA repeats a lot of concepts that have been seen before and are not truly original. Remember when Hogan "screwed" Angle earlier this year? Seemingly a carbon copy of the Montreal Screwjob (spit and everything). This Immortal stuff is just like the nWo! I really don't understand why the writers can't come up with some original stories, let alone wrestlers not changing face to heel every 2 or 3 months.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
TNA repeats a lot of concepts that have been seen before and are not truly original. Remember when Hogan "screwed" Angle earlier this year? Seemingly a carbon copy of the Montreal Screwjob (spit and everything). This Immortal stuff is just like the nWo!
All of wrestling repeats concepts a lot of times and you have to look for the originality within the execution (like what I've mentioned about Eric/Hogan actually taking control of the company). The Main Event Mafia was original. Fortune may not be, but if that's the case neither was Evolution. Yes, the WWE's recent faction move with The Nexus has been original and great. And outside of factions, I can think of a ton of TNA ideas that have been original and entertaining...Angle taking on the top contenders instead of going straight for the belt is just one that pops to mind.

The Angle thing was supposed to be a carbon copy in mocking the WWE, and they've talked on TV about the similarities between Immortal going down and the nWo's birth. Everybody can see the similarities, it's not like people are pretending there aren't any.

There are a lot of times in which I look at storylines in the WWE, TNA, or even ROH and wish that things were more original. Wrestling goes cyclical a lot...that's life.

I'm not saying that TNA isn't flawed and that Vince Russo doesn't do stupid shit, but in the case of Team 3D this is the first time it's feeling to me like the feud has meaning, a good reason, and momentum.