Awesome The Sushi Thread

dDave

Guardian of the Light
V.I.P.
Let’s discuss what has become my new favorite food over the last few years....

Sushi!

I’m finding I really enjoy this unique food originally from Japan.

In my city there are a lot of good sushi joints. It’s still amazing to me how expensive most of them are. My favorite place to go is $15 all you can eat (and it’s actually good fresh stuff!). I’ll put down 7 or 8 rolls and some nigiri.

I like most anything. Stuff like shrimp and crab are really easy to start with but I like salmon, unagi, and I LOVE spicy tuna, it’s phenomenal.

One of my favorites is called the Ahi Air Force Tower.

3321A74C-6149-4DC3-85FF-7097A81AE414.jpeg
What are your thoughts on sushi? Any favorites?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I do enjoy Sushi. I would say my favourite are the sushi rolls:

However, I dip mine in the peanut sauce. In addition, I really like the one on the far right in this picture:

dDave

Guardian of the Light
V.I.P.
I do enjoy Sushi. I would say my favourite are the sushi rolls:

However, I dip mine in the peanut sauce. In addition, I really like the one on the far right in this picture:

Looks like a California Crunch Roll?

I was scared to try sushi for many years. Raw fish just didn’t sound appealing, I thought I would hate it.

My fiancée convinced me to try it and now the raw stuff is my favorite. 😋

Impaired

Registered Member
I find I much prefer the raw fish to most of the rolls. I LOATHE flying fish eggs. It is a horror to me, to be eating say, a cookie, and have a flying fish egg emerge from some hidden place in between your teeth and pop releasing fish flavor into your chocolate chip cookie.

Alaskan rolls, with the salmon skin I like quite a bit.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Looks like a California Crunch Roll?

I was scared to try sushi for many years. Raw fish just didn’t sound appealing, I thought I would hate it.

My fiancée convinced me to try it and now the raw stuff is my favorite. 😋
When it comes to food, my mindset is you do not know what you're missing until you try it. In other words, I am definitely not picky and will try almost anything once. I wasn't always like that, and I'm so glad that I am now since I would have missed out on many great food items.

dDave

Guardian of the Light
V.I.P.
When it comes to food, my mindset is you do not know what you're missing until you try it. In other words, I am definitely not picky and will try almost anything once. I wasn't always like that, and I'm so glad that I am now since I would have missed out on many great food items.
I hear you there. I was mortified by the idea of eating raw fish, now I think it’s great.

Maybe it’s a change in my pallate. I’ve noticed recently that I now enjoy several foods I used to not really care for.

Sushi was the big one though. There was a time when I swore I would never eat it. Time really can change some things 😋