• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

The Sun Rises, Catholic Church Faces New Sex Abuse Allegations

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't really think a "debate" is necessary as nobody is going to be on the side of "Yeah priests should be able to molest kids".

Here's a thought, there is nothing in the Bible that would suggest that anybody should be forced to remain celibate. It's clearly causing some serious problems for priests.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I don't really think a "debate" is necessary as nobody is going to be on the side of "Yeah priests should be able to molest kids".

Here's a thought, there is nothing in the Bible that would suggest that anybody should be forced to remain celibate. It's clearly causing some serious problems for priests.
There's no logical reasoning to point to celibacy as a cause for child abuse.

Child abuse is perpetrated by Priests, noncelibate Ministers, Atheist family members that are sexually active...I read an article recently and it looks like statistically speaking, if you look at Priests as a pool and regular Males as a pool, the incidence of child abuse are unfortunately the same.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Wikipedia:

Practically speaking, the reasons for celibacy are given by the Apostle Paul in I Corinthians 7:7–8; 32–35: "But I would have you to be without solicitude. He that is without a wife is solicitous for the things that belong to the Lord, how he may please God. But he that is with a wife, is solicitous for the things of the world, how he may please his wife: and he is divided. And the unmarried woman and the virgin thinketh on the things of the Lord, that she may be holy both in body and spirit. But she that is married thinketh on the things of this world how she may please her husband. And this I speak for your profit, not to cast a snare upon you, but for that which is decent and which may give you power to attend upon the Lord without impediment."
Essentially, it translates to "sex complicates things". There's also this concept of being "married to the church" but I do agree with Brix, celibacy is causing a lot of problems within the Catholic church. But let's be honest, do we actually think they're going to change anything? What they need to do is to stop harboring them, it's sick. These bastards are attacking kids and the church just places them in the divine witness protection program and tells the rest of us to fuck off and deal with it. Gee, I wonder why people don't go to church anymore?

MAgnum9987

Do What Thou Wilt
I agree. For all this talk of the righteousness of the Church from Christians everywhere, especially from the Vatican itself, all this crap about protecting deviants is just bullshit.

Its no different than a convicted murderer running away and hiding in Paraguay.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
There's no logical reasoning to point to celibacy as a cause for child abuse.

Child abuse is perpetrated by Priests, noncelibate Ministers, Atheist family members that are sexually active...I read an article recently and it looks like statistically speaking, if you look at Priests as a pool and regular Males as a pool, the incidence of child abuse are unfortunately the same.
I hear you Unity, but it is not un-common for satan to attack people (especially people who are in a more authoritive position). He generally uses their biggest weakness as the point of attack and we all know that we as humans need sex like we need air and food and water and rest. It's just the way we are built. So if you are going to tell someone specifically that they are not to ever have sex, well... enters satan through a wide open door!!