The Stock Market in an uncertain Economy

Chaos

Epic Gamer
V.I.P.
Do you use the stock market? Would you buy and sell shares in such an uncertain time?

With the economy as crazy as it is right now, there's a lot of money to be made - and lost. Prices are rising, then falling drastically. Would you put the money on the prices rising again? You could make a quick buck, or stand to lose a lot.

Personally, I think it's the perfect time to go in, for the short term investor. We're not talking dividends and long term shares here. We're talking about jumping in, buying low and selling high.

For example - one company I've been following for a while is currently trading at around 22 pence. That means a rise in 2 pence is almost a ten percent increase. If you placed £10,000 on that, that's a straight out grand in your pocket. At one point this company went down to twelve pence, then shot up to thirty. If you had a a hundred thousand on that, at twelve pence? That's a rise of 150%. That's a quarter of a million payout. :stare:

But do you think you'd have the stones to wade in on this? Are you currently playing the stock market? Would you consider it if you had the money? Why, or why not?

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
But do you think you'd have the stones to wade in on this? Are you currently playing the stock market? Would you consider it if you had the money? Why, or why not?
Coincidentally, I was about to mention that Wade jumped in and bought stocks a few months ago. I wonder what update he can give.

If you're a gambler, go ahead. If you're more prudent, you need to study the market and current events as not everyone makes the same recovery (and some will probably continue falling).

The stock that I have, I didn't really choose them. I just got stuck with them because I worked for the company (Intel) before and the stocks were given or sold at a better price.

I was expecting it to fall these past quarters because 1 - economy is beurk and 2 - they're facing one of the biggest lawsuits in Europe. But surprisingly when I got my status, it even moved higher. :lol: