The St. Louis Cardinals are World Series Champions!

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Vegito728, Oct 27, 2006.

1. Vegito728

Vegito728 Registered Member

Well the Cardinals beat the Tigers tonight 4-2 to win there 10th world series and there first in 24 years. I'm got to say it's nuts here in St. Louis and I can't stop smiling. But congrats to the Tigers they were an amazing team the whole year. Also David Eckstien was named the World Series MVP.

2. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

I saw the 9th inning when flipping through the channels. I saw the pitcher give up a double, walk a guy, and throw a wild pitch. Hten I saw him throw the last strike and the whole stadium go up in one big YEEEEAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!......

and why does it seem like the MVP tropies alwats look better than the championship trophies?

3. Veloci-T

Veloci-T Registered Member

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH, IM STILL SMILING BOUT IT AFTER U TOLD ME ON AIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO GO GO CARDINALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I knew that the Cards would win against the Tigers, a lot of people though otherwise, but you got to respect them because of what they did this season, they lost over 100 games two years ago and last season as well, and then they come back like this and make it to the World Series. Anyways congratulations Cardinals you deserved it.

5. TBT

TBT Guest

Sorry if I'm spoiling it for you but I don't think they deserved it. 83 wins during the regular season does not make you the best team.

6. Hoosier_Daddy

Hoosier_Daddy Registered Member

The beauty if the MLB playoff system is that any team that can survive the 162 game grind while putting themselves in the playoffs has the chance to become champions. If the championship were to be awarded on regular season record alone, many great past championship teams would have been left out in the cold.

Hoosier.