Movies The Social Network

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Altanzitarron, Sep 27, 2010.

1. Altanzitarron

Altanzitarron Tamer Of The LOLzilla

A while ago I made a thread about an article I'd read about a possible Facebook movie, well it's actually happened. I started developing hope for this when I found out that David Fincher was directing (Fight Club) and it's been reviewed pretty well so far.

YouTube - The Social Network Official Trailer -In theatres Oct 1 2010

Based on the trailer you can see that it's based on how facebook came about rather than what I imagined (some guy getting obsessed and stalking people online... oh well maybe next time).

So what do you think? Are you going to be "liking" this anytime soon?

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I doubt I'll go see it in the theaters, but it's probably movie that I'll see to waste some time. It seems pretty entertaining by the previews, it would be cool to find out the story behind the making of one of the biggest websites on the Internet.

I wonder if it's going to do any good at the Box Office.

3. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

I'm definitely interested in seeing it. Looks entertaining. I like Eisenberg and sadly I also enjoy Facebook. Haha.

4. Bubbles

Bubbles I ♥ Haters

I've heard a lot of pretty good reviews for this movie, so I actually wanna see it in theaters (even though I don't give 2 shits about facebook.) Jesse Eisenburg's been awesome in just about everything he's done so far. I just haven't had the time yet.

5. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

Watched this tonight, it was the second part of a double-header. I really liked this movie. The acting was great, it had a great script and was directed very well. It was cool to see how the site I waste tons of time on was created. I'd like to read the book this movie was based on. I'd definitely recommend this to anyone that doesn't need car crashes and serial killers to be entertained. Haha

6. fractal

fractal Eye see what you did ther

I also saw the movie. It was awesome. The very fact that this is based on real life characters makes it more amazing. But it isn't one of those movies that needs to be seen on the bigger screen. You could watch it on your computer.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2010
  7. Altanzitarron

Altanzitarron Tamer Of The LOLzilla

I finally got around to watching this on Blu-Ray and I thought it was awesome. The cast was top notch. Eisenberg was great as the genius with a chip on his shoulder and I really liked Andrew Garfield as the jilted best friend. I have high hopes for his portrayal of Peter Parker based on this. The style just screamed Fincher and the soundtrack by Trent Reznor was amazing too. Overall I definitely rate this highly.

8. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I finally got around to watching this too. I really, really enjoyed it. I'd definitely recommend people watch it. Interesting to know the story behind something that I use every single day.

9. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I wonder though if the reason people watched it or enjoyed it (prolly) was due to being users of FB and not so much the movie itself. Is the movie really that good to merit film awards?

10. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

Yeah, it actually is a good movie. Good story, good acting...at least I think to. I'm sure it got a lot more views because of the popularity of facebook, but it could stand alone without it. At least I think so.