• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Multi-Console The Sims

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I played a lot of the original Sims and haven't played any of the newer ones. I did get a couple of the expansion packs, but I didn't think they were that great.

I was definitely addicted to the game for a while and spent a ton of time on it. I loved progressing through the careers and saving up tons of money, and then building some nice houses. The architect in me thought Build Mode was the best part of the game. I have to admit, I usually got kind of bored of a family after I'd build them an awesome house, so I'd start over with another Sim.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
Building things was the worst for me. I have no imaginations. I like what I like..so all the houses would always end up looking the same. It's one of the reasons why I refuse to play Minecraft. I'm logical, not creative.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Building things was the worst for me. I have no imaginations. I like what I like..so all the houses would always end up looking the same. It's one of the reasons why I refuse to play Minecraft. I'm logical, not creative.
I'm the same way...well I'm not necessarily creative. :lol:

I love The Sims in concept but having to build the house and do every tile of wallpaper and all of that always annoyed me. I liked the playing, but always wished there were better options for pre-built and furnished houses.

I've almost bought it a ton of times for my Macbook Pro Retina because I think it would be one of the games that might work kinda well. Just haven't done that yet. It might be a good time to buy the Sims 3 with all of the 4 talk starting.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I'm the same way...well I'm not necessarily creative. :lol:

I love The Sims in concept but having to build the house and do every tile of wallpaper and all of that always annoyed me. I liked the playing, but always wished there were better options for pre-built and furnished houses.

I've almost bought it a ton of times for my Macbook Pro Retina because I think it would be one of the games that might work kinda well. Just haven't done that yet. It might be a good time to buy the Sims 3 with all of the 4 talk starting.
It is a bit better with Sims 3, but they need more choices. They have this build option called architect...I think...and you can just pick a fully furnished and decorated room style and place the whole thing, room by room. I built a house this way once, and all I had to do afterwards was fix the outside of the house, the roof, and fix some inner doorways and such. I loved it, but to me they didn't have enough pre-built choices.