• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Multi-Console The Sims

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
On the face of it The Sims should be the most boring game ever created, I mean lets describe it and see how interesting it is.

Person A: So tell me about this sims game?
Person B: Wel you build a small house for your sim and you have to live his or hers life
PA: Okay, such as?
PB: Well you can buy things such as TVs and sofas
PA: Oh..
PB: But first you have to get a job
PA: A job?
PB: Yes, you have to have them get a job in order that they can afford nicer things
PA: And how long does that take?
PB: It depends on your job and how good with money you are
PA: And how do you win?
PB: You don't
PA: Okay, how do you lose?
PB: You don't
PA: So why am I playing this?
PB: Because you get to live the life of a Simulated person!
PA: Yeah, I am gonna go back to playing Half Life

As I say, this should not have worked, this should have been a massive failure because like I saw on the front of it this sounds very dull and yet it is one of the biggest seeling game franchises of all time for the PC and has so many expansion packs it kind of becomes difficult to track.

I have not played a Sim game since The Sims 2 and even that I have not played it in a long time and to be fair I would cheat a lot of the time to get more money and would spend a lot of more time making my sims go insane and look for more and more interesting ways to kill them.

Do you though? Do you still play The Sims? What did you like about them? What did you hate? Did you buy expansions? Do you think the switch from Maxis to EA was a bad thing?

Bliss

Sally Twit
Reading this has made me regret getting rid of my PS2. I used to really love 'The Sims Bustin' Out'. I don't know why I was obsessed but I found it funny and fairly challenging. There was a lot to do on the game and I do miss it.
Maybe I'll look in to buying it again.

What I loved was trying to get someone to fall for you and having kids. I just thought it was cool and there were loads of little things to unlock.

Konshentz

Konshentz
It's been a long time since I've played The Sims. For a while my whole family was playing it. Those were fun times. It's not a bad game but it's also not something I could play a lot of. I doubt I'll ever give it another chance. I remember massacring my entire Sim family and uninstalling the game. Haha.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I am a Sims addict, even though I don't play it as much as I used to. I go through bouts of time when it's all that I play, and then I'll go months without playing it. I own every single game. No joke. Every single game of The Sims, The Sims 2, and The Sims 3. It's awful. The only one I don't have is the latest one that came out, Island Paradise.

Sims 3 is superior because of all the things you get to do. They even have an adventure pack where you can be an amateur Indiana Jones. You go through tombs and disarm booby traps and such. In the pets expansion you can even breed and race horses.

I have a lot of families made based on TV shows, and I play with them. I try to get their likenesses as close as I can get, and try to mimic the TV Show or Movie that I'm emulating. I don't think I currently have a TV show family at the moment, though. My last one was a Leonard and Penny family from Big Bang. haha

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
I only play The Sims 2 on PC. I did have it for the PS2 back in the day, but I feel the PC version is A LOT better, plus I love how you can mod the crap outta everything. I have spent endless hours downloading clothes, meshes, houses etc from MTS2.

Although, I gotta say, playing The Sims 2 really brings out the psycho in me. Within in the first 25 minutes of playing, I end up trapping all my Sims in a house with no windows and doors and then setting the house on fire. Or sometimes I'll remove the toilet and make them piss themselves. Good times.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
I had a love and hate relationship with Sims, I loved playing it but the fact that I had to do those stupid fucking jobs just took the fun out of the game. I just wanted to build.

Bliss

Sally Twit
Or sometimes I'll remove the toilet and make them piss themselves. Good times.
I used to do that a lot. Sometimes I'd put people in an empty room and wait for them to die. I was trying to get romantic with someone, but there was always some douche trying to ruin it for me. It was funny hearing them cry through the wall.

Elanor

Registered Member
I used to play this all the time. I still play Sims 2 occasionally, but not as often as I used to. I enjoyed all the different aspects that the expansion packs brought to the base game. I do cheat a lot though, not for money, but just because I don't have the patience to let them eat, sleep etc when they could be doing other things.

I have played the Sims 3, I loved it! But my laptop is really shite and the game ran really slowly, then when the first expansion came out my laptop had a tantrum and refused to show most of the graphics, as well as being slower than snail. I haven't been able to afford a new laptop, so no Sims 3 for me.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I also had Bustin Out, and The Sims 3 for console gaming, but I much prefer playing them on the PC.

Elanor

Registered Member
I had Bustin Out at one point. I ended up trading it in for another game as I didn't get on with it. There is far more scope in the PC version for creativity.