• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Xbox 360 The Sims 3

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
Has come to xbox!

I have hated all previous console versions of the sims, and have pretty much only liked playing it on PC.

However, since I am a sim freak, I couldn't pass up the newest game.

I'm actually impressed with it. For the most part it seems to be almost exactly like the PC game, with achievements and added challenges. I played it for maybe an hour last night, and it looks like it's going to be a fun game to play. It's also tons more user friendly then the previous console versions, IMO.

Bliss

Sally Twit
Is there an online mode? That'd be cool to play with you. I might consider getting it as I do enjoy The Sims.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I do not think that we would be able to play together. I think the most we can do is make custom outfits or people and share them between each other.

We could do things like...make GF sims and allow the other one to download it and use the same person. haha

Bliss

Sally Twit
Well that'll do for me lul

It would be amazing if we could visit each other, though. Maybe they'll make that happen one day.

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
It would be amazing if we could visit each other, though. Maybe they'll make that happen one day.
Technically, they already did that. Back in 2002, EA released The Sims Online, an MMO version of The Sims. It was shut down in 2008.

Bliss

Sally Twit
Why was it shut down? :( I'm fairly new to The Sims to be honest. I did have a PS2 version but that was no way near as fun as the PC versions I've played.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I think it may have been fairly expensive to play. That's why I didn't do it.

Ziggy

Sup?
Not enough subscribers so it was seen as somewhat of a failure. I never played it because I'm not an MMO guy but it did have promise. Second Life did everything it did but better so I guess there is always that if you're interested.

I recently picked up The Sims 3 because it was on special and I did like the version on PC. I haven't played much but from what I have it seems pretty good. The one on PS2 was also pretty good IMO.