PC Games The Sims 3 released

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
I got to work on handiness shortly after the Sim equivalent of an Internet Crime Unit fried my PC with a virus when I was caught hacking. I only got the repairman in because I didn't have time to fix it, as at the exact same time, the carpool turned up.

Steerpike

Registered Member
I got to work on handiness shortly after the Sim equivalent of an Internet Crime Unit fried my PC with a virus when I was caught hacking. I only got the repairman in because I didn't have time to fix it, as at the exact same time, the carpool turned up.
You could have left it until they got back from work and then repaired it.

Have you taken advantage of the chance for your sims to make money through investments?

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
I haven't gotten that deep into it. In fact, I never knew that option existed.
------
I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but you seem to have greater control over certain objects around your house. A second ago, the paper was delivered to my house. I just dragged and dropped it onto the kitchen counter, no Sim middle man.

Last edited:

Steerpike

Registered Member
I haven't gotten that deep into it. In fact, I never knew that option existed.
------
It does. If you click on some of the business buildings in town, then you get an option to become a partner. Once you become a partner, an option arises to buy out the property and get all of the profits. One of my sims has invested in a good number of businesses and the sim can collect money every monday. This sim has also bought out the science lab and renamed it.

I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but you seem to have greater control over certain objects around your house. A second ago, the paper was delivered to my house. I just dragged and dropped it onto the kitchen counter, no Sim middle man.
In The Sims 2, paper delivery would cease if the household had three papers. Is there a way to stop paper delivery on The Sims 3?

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I did become a partner at the spa...but the chick i was playing with was so old by the time she had the money for it, that i really didn't get to see all the options for it besides collecting. i should have given the deed or whatever to one of her descendants.

I wish they would bring the loan option back from sims 1. sometimes it's exhausting to earn money...it would be nice to have the option of borrowing money and paying it back.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
The Ram upgrade for my girlfriends laptop should be in sometime this week. Hopefully that solves our SIM problems :hah:

I cant wait to get it up and running now, lol hearing about sims bitching about cheap beds and broken showers. lol makes me want to have a sim, or maybe a kid... hahaha nah a sim is cheaper.

Steerpike

Registered Member
I did become a partner at the spa...but the chick i was playing with was so old by the time she had the money for it, that i really didn't get to see all the options for it besides collecting. i should have given the deed or whatever to one of her descendants.
There are options here:

1. Turn aging off
2. Increase the lifespan of your sims.
3. Reverse the aging on the appropriate sim.

The option to buy out the property comes the following week and is only available if your household has the cash.

One sim just bought the stadium.

I wish they would bring the loan option back from sims 1. sometimes it's exhausting to earn money...it would be nice to have the option of borrowing money and paying it back.
The sim would still have to earn it. The whole question is more whether bills should even exist in The Sims. There is no reason why one should get a bill when one has paid cash for everything.

Last edited:

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
There are options here:

1. Turn aging off
2. Increase the lifespan of your sims.
3. Reverse the aging on the appropriate sim.

The option to buy out the property comes the following week and is only available if your household has the cash.

One sim just bought the stadium.

The sim would still have to earn it. The whole question is more whether bills should even exist in The Sims. There is no reason why one should get a bill when one has paid cash for everything.
How do you increase the lifespan? I don't really want to use any cheats or turn off the aging. I have a group of grown brothers and sisters living together, so money at this point is coming in pretty well. I had one of the sims buy a partnership in the bistro. After the option comes up, I'll buy more.

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
You're still using water and electricity, however.

Actually, thinking about that, I want to make a test with a new sim to see if that's how bills work. Chuck out / sell all the electric items and items that use water (basically, become an amish with extreme hydrophobia). Then wait for the bill.

Unless one of you knows how bills work in game.

----------
Right, so I tried the business partner thing...and I can't. I think I need the money first, which isn't going to happen as I'm only on the 5th track of the criminal profession, and making §42 - §45 p/h.

Also, I'm halfway to becoming an elder and have no family. This sim is more of a reintroduction to the game.