PC Games The Sims 3 released

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
i think i will go for it and buy it ,,, i have been wanting to play it but i didn't find anyone to encourge me :mad:
Did you get it?

The game guide shows some different houses created by Sims 3 players. Of course, they could be merely examples of what can be done.

One of my sims works out to fatigued constantly. You may wish to try work out in front of the television.

On the issue of opportunities: One sim of mine accepted an opportunity to cook a specific group meal for a specific sim. He made the meal and then went to meet the sim. The sim then left once my sim had arrived and went to the hospital and my sim was not able to follow them there as it said the sim was unavailable.

Have you figured out the most lucrative type of books to write?
I'll try that and see. I was thinking his athletic skill was too high to get fatigued anymore. Although, now he's an old man and retired, so it's not that important anymore.

They had 5 children. They have all grown to young adults now, but I don't want them to leave because I still want to see what happens. Maybe when the game isn't so new, I can let them leave and let TS3 do their story on auto pilot.

I've mostly been able to pick the children's traits as they grew up...but there was one middle child that I was unable to. I didn't qualify to pick it because the sim parents didn't have time to teach him how to walk and talk. The trait he got was evil. What cracks me up...is if you click on his bed, it says "evil slumber". I forget what it says on other tasks...but they always crack me up. He'll be standing idly and all of the sudden let out this evil laugh. I laugh every time. It's good stuff.

This game seems to be a lot better on free mode than TS2. They seem to take care of their needs better...although they won't complete opportunities on their own, you still have to do that for them.

Oh yeah, and also...one of the kids wants to be a novelist. She hasn't finished her first novel yet, so I'm not sure on your question SP. She is currently writing a Sci-Fi novel.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
The time fast forward is super slow and I wish it would go by faster.
It is... very very very slow. In fact on my Girlfriends Laptop it doesnt even look like it changes when we push the "4".

I was hoping to read through this and find some sort of super-fix that made it actually go quick :hah:

I can recall my old Sims games where the fast forward would push through hours of Sim-time in a matter of seconds. This one, hell after 5 minutes with the fast forward on we barely pushed through 2 hours of Sim-Time.... Big time draw back on the game because wtf are you 'sposed to do while the sim is at work?!?!?!?!

oh and ps... we bought the game obviously :lol:

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
It is... very very very slow. In fact on my Girlfriends Laptop it doesnt even look like it changes when we push the "4".

I was hoping to read through this and find some sort of super-fix that made it actually go quick :hah:

I can recall my old Sims games where the fast forward would push through hours of Sim-time in a matter of seconds. This one, hell after 5 minutes with the fast forward on we barely pushed through 2 hours of Sim-Time.... Big time draw back on the game because wtf are you 'sposed to do while the sim is at work?!?!?!?!

oh and ps... we bought the game obviously :lol:
I have heard of a fix for this...it may or may not work. I've been surfing TS3 forums. It worked for some...others not so much.

Look in the options menu and turn down the quality of some of the settings...like if it's on high video quality, bump it down and notch and see if that helps. I haven't been bothered by the time so much that I wanted to bump down the quality. I may want to when I have less sims in the house that I'm playing...but as it is, there are 7, so I don't need the time sped up quite so much anymore. lol

Did any of you get the free downloads?

Here is one for the Toyota Prius
Store - The Sims? 3

Here is one for a neighborhood
Store - The Sims? 3

I have downloaded both, but haven't really used either yet.

I just noticed that my one liners cease to exist when I post about the sims.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Actually all of the Quality settings are smashed to the floor. Its an older laptop, I bought it for her around December of 2006 :hah: so its pushing 2+ years now.

Havent downloaded any of the stuff yet, so it looks like the lag problem may just be with the laptop rather than the game then.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
Oh, probably so. I got my laptop in November, so it runs the game pretty well. I'm not going to lie. I bought a new computer specifically for TS2 when it came out. lol

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
She's taken good care of her laptop... but this is just how it rolls, lol the games get bigger and the laptops seem to get smaller over time :hah:

I'll have to see what I can do about finding her a replacement memory card or something. The last time I was at office depot I know they had some decent RAM cards for laptops, have to check and see if I can upgrade hers.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
From what most people have said, TS3 eats up the ram the most. How does the quality of the game look? Your video card may be ok...may just be the ram.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
yeah gotta be the RAM, the game looks ok. It looks like any Sims game to be honest :hah: But then again the last time I played Sims was way way way back in the day. I cant say I was blown away by the surrealism or anything, but yeah it looks good... her only hangup on it was just the fact that its soooo freaking slow.

Loading it takes ages and then the fast forward is pathetic.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
Yeah. The fast forward being so slow irritated me until the sim I was playing had 5 babies. Then the time wasn't an issue so much.

I think I'll make an Ice Goat sim. See how close I can get him to look like you. And I'll make him do crazy stuff and post screen shots. That would be fun. Mwah ha ha ha

Steerpike

Registered Member
......Oh yeah, and also...one of the kids wants to be a novelist. She hasn't finished her first novel yet, so I'm not sure on your question SP. She is currently writing a Sci-Fi novel.
One of my sims writes novels on his days off from work as a power broker. Romance novels pay the best. This sim has become a romance novelist and is earning more than 30,000 simoleans a week in royalites.

Yeah. The fast forward being so slow irritated me until the sim I was playing had 5 babies. Then the time wasn't an issue so much.

I think I'll make an Ice Goat sim. See how close I can get him to look like you. And I'll make him do crazy stuff and post screen shots. That would be fun. Mwah ha ha ha
The fast forward issue is probably related to the whole town being processed at the same time.