PC Games The Sims 3 released

This means my evil plan is working. Which one did you play before? TS2?
I was well and truely obsessed with 1 & 2, had all the games, then I went cold turkey when I realised I spending way too much time on it :lol: That was quite a long time ago. Never even thought about getting Sims 3 till this thread.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I was well and truely obsessed with 1 & 2, had all the games, then I went cold turkey when I realised I spending way too much time on it :lol: That was quite a long time ago. Never even thought about getting Sims 3 till this thread.
You should get it. We could post screen shots and stories and stuff. We could even make GF sims :O

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
Oh I'm so on it now... maybe haha. It's not released here yet, a couple days according to the .co.uk website.
We could make a little LC house, and you and I could see who could get the closest to making the sims look like each other. It would be fun. lol

Steerpike

Registered Member
is today...June 2nd.

Do you have it already? Are you planning on getting it?
I'm going to go shopping after work today and see if I can get my hands on the collector's edition. It comes with the guide, keychain, and a 2 GB USB drive.

Likes/dislikes so far?
Loaded and started.

They have removed the "Comfort" and "Environment" motives from the sims needs but these things still can affect their moods.

On the positive side:

If you want a sim to get in a specific job line, then you just send the sim to the job location and apply - no more waiting for the right job to show up in the paper or online.

Promotions in jobs do not have a specific friendship requirement.

It also appears that once a sim reaches the top of a career track they can still get raises.

On the not positive side:

The user interface is less intuitive than The Sims 2.

Initial clothing options in " Create a Sim " (CAS) are less than the previous incarnations. However, you still get to designate different outfits including socks and shoes.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
If you want a sim to get in a specific job line, then you just send the sim to the job location and apply - no more waiting for the right job to show up in the paper or online.
I didn't realize this. I hadn't tried it from the location, and thought that maybe it was for part time only...as in a 2nd job. I'm guessing if you apply to one of these places, then it will replace your current job then.

I'm loving the opportunities option. Although, my sim had an opportunity that she accepted by bringing someone in to work after hours to eat. She completed the opportunity, but didn't get it because she was on maternity leave and you have to actually go into work on the regular shift afterwards. That was annoying.

Other things that I am not liking about this is the aging. If you had several different families that you created or that you're playing with...everyone ages around them. So, by the time you get around to your first family, they may be dead from aging while you played with a different family.

The time fast forward is super slow and I wish it would go by faster.

I do like that the toddler's age seems to be longer than it was in the last game. Although, the current sim I'm playing wanted to raise 5 kids...so she's popping one after another out. She currently has 2 toddlers, a baby, and another on the way. Looks like she's going to have a lot of toddlers at once. I did get her the fertility treatment and was hoping that she would have triplets...just because it's possible to have triplets in this expansion and I wanted to see it. No luck yet. Maybe the husband needs fertility treatment too.

Steerpike

Registered Member
I didn't realize this. I hadn't tried it from the location, and thought that maybe it was for part time only...as in a 2nd job. I'm guessing if you apply to one of these places, then it will replace your current job then.

I'm loving the opportunities option. Although, my sim had an opportunity that she accepted by bringing someone in to work after hours to eat. She completed the opportunity, but didn't get it because she was on maternity leave and you have to actually go into work on the regular shift afterwards. That was annoying.

Other things that I am not liking about this is the aging. If you had several different families that you created or that you're playing with...everyone ages around them. So, by the time you get around to your first family, they may be dead from aging while you played with a different family.

The time fast forward is super slow and I wish it would go by faster.

I do like that the toddler's age seems to be longer than it was in the last game. Although, the current sim I'm playing wanted to raise 5 kids...so she's popping one after another out. She currently has 2 toddlers, a baby, and another on the way. Looks like she's going to have a lot of toddlers at once. I did get her the fertility treatment and was hoping that she would have triplets...just because it's possible to have triplets in this expansion and I wanted to see it. No luck yet. Maybe the husband needs fertility treatment too.
As far as opportunities go: If you accept an opportunity and then change your mind, then you can discard it.

The aging issue is a problem for a gamer who wishes to establish a certain mix in their neighborhood.

More info:

When a sim fills their life goal, it does not give them a permanent max mood a la "life platinum" in The Sims 2.

Drawback:

Unlike The Sims 2 where you could add lots to your neighborhood as long as their was street next to it, it appears that the number of lots is fixed in The Sims 3. :rolleyes:

They have less items in buy mode than The Sims 2, hot tubs are gone as are pianos among other things.

Since you did buy the Collector's Edition: Did they include in the content the Winsome Farmhouse or FoxGlen Manor, Le Grand Palace and etcetera?

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I can check on the content...however, I'm pretty certain that it's the same game that everyone else got. The only difference was that I got a keychain/2GB flash drive and a free download for a European sports car. The game itself doesn't say collector's edition, only the box.

Oh cool, then I will try to discard another opportunity that I can't seem to complete. The guy sim accepted an opportunity to be fatigued twice (sports career) but no matter how long he works out, doesn't really fatigue him anymore. Not on the treadmill, anyway.

Steerpike

Registered Member
I can check on the content...however, I'm pretty certain that it's the same game that everyone else got. The only difference was that I got a keychain/2GB flash drive and a free download for a European sports car. The game itself doesn't say collector's edition, only the box.
The game guide shows some different houses created by Sims 3 players. Of course, they could be merely examples of what can be done.

I
Oh cool, then I will try to discard another opportunity that I can't seem to complete. The guy sim accepted an opportunity to be fatigued twice (sports career) but no matter how long he works out, doesn't really fatigue him anymore. Not on the treadmill, anyway.
One of my sims works out to fatigued constantly. You may wish to try work out in front of the television.

On the issue of opportunities: One sim of mine accepted an opportunity to cook a specific group meal for a specific sim. He made the meal and then went to meet the sim. The sim then left once my sim had arrived and went to the hospital and my sim was not able to follow them there as it said the sim was unavailable.

Have you figured out the most lucrative type of books to write?