PC Games The Sims 3 released

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
is today...June 2nd.

Do you have it already? Are you planning on getting it?
I'm going to go shopping after work today and see if I can get my hands on the collector's edition. It comes with the guide, keychain, and a 2 GB USB drive.

Likes/dislikes so far?

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I hope my computer runs it...because I'm buying it. I just bought my laptop in November, so I'm hoping it's up to par.

midnight_sighs

Registered Member
Lucky you! I've been a Sims fan *cough* addict *cough* since the very first game and have been really excited about getting the Sims 3. Sadly, though, I don't live in the USA and for some silly reason all the Sims games have suddenly been banned from where I come from. I'm just thankful that I bought the rest of the Sims 2 games before that happened.

I guess I have to consider ordering...or some other alternative. It's too bad because the Sims 3 seems like such a promising new game.

sigh :(

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
Lucky you! I've been a Sims fan *cough* addict *cough* since the very first game and have been really excited about getting the Sims 3. Sadly, though, I don't live in the USA and for some silly reason all the Sims games have suddenly been banned from where I come from. I'm just thankful that I bought the rest of the Sims 2 games before that happened.

I guess I have to consider ordering...or some other alternative. It's too bad because the Sims 3 seems like such a promising new game.

Where do you live? I'm surprised anyone would ban it. That's really weird. You can still order it overseas and get it, right?

I've already heard that the exchange is a lot better on TS3 than it is on TS2.
------
Ok, I got it on my way home. It's installing now.

I bought the collector's edition...but I don't really see the benefit of it. It costs $20 more, and all you get extra is a coupon for 25% off the prima guide, a keychain/2GB usb drive...which is really cool but not worth a whole lot of $ (2 GB USB drive's generally sell for $14)...and you get $10 at the sim's online store. I thought it was going to be a better deal because I was under the impression that the guide came with it, but it doesn't. You also get some sort of european sports car download as well.

Last edited:

I would like to know what country you are in. IDK WHY the Sims series was banned where you are? This sounds rediculous on the govt.s part to ban the Sims series! But thank heavens that you got all the Sims series before you got this ban.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I didn't get that in depth to the game but:

Improvements
- It is much easier to travel, and the screen seamlessly translates from home to "out" without a loading screen. You can even have different people in the household at different places at the same time, and you can opt to view any of them.
- You can go to work with them. No, you can't actually watch them work...but you can select what options you want them to do while working. Such as studying a skill, sucking up to the boss, meeting/hanging out with coworkers, working hard, or hardly working. Your relationships matter with the boss and with your coworkers for future promotions.
- Your sims now have opportunities. For example...the sim I was playing with had a natural cooking ability...so people would call and ask for food items. Once they were made and delivered, the sim would get paid for it.
- New interactions based on the 5 traits that you pick. If you haven't researched the game before...then you can now pick up to 5 traits for your sim. They may include bravery, absent mindedness, couch potato, athletic, good kisser, etc. Someone who has the trait flirty is more likely to get their flirt interaction accepted by other sims faster.
- Moving objects to where you want them is easier. Such as, I can click on an old newspaper and drag it directly to the trash. Also, you can now put furniture at an angle.
- Recolor tool...it's a bit tedious, and I doubt I'm going to mess with it much. But it is nice to have the choice to change the colors.

Dislikes
- Leftovers in the fridge rot...which is more realistic, of course. I just preferred them not to. Separate ingredients do not seem to rot so far.
- Recolor tool. I love it and hate it. When you recolor something, it comes up with a color wheel. It's not very easy to get a plain color. Especially when putting make up on a sim. I never can get the lipstick color that I want.

The color wheel is very frustrating. I was excited to play so skipped most of the tutorials. I suggest you at least watch the tutorial on how to create a sim. Maybe some of the coloring will be easier after having watched it.
The graphics had the feel of playing sims on the console. It is tons better than Sims 2.

These are just my initial thoughts after my first evening of game play.